Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys, I have to be in LA next Wednesday – Friday and may have a couple of hours free time. What the heck do I want to do for recreation and souvenirs to bring back for the kids? It has been many years since I was on the coast (1985) and I am sure a lot has changed in both me and LA since then. Any chances of checking out a Cobra or two?

Thanks,

Bud Gordon

·
Super Moderator
29,556 Posts
Where are you going to be staying in LA?

·
Super Moderator
29,556 Posts
Whoa!! Too far from Moorpark.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thought I would share a funny (?) story about my first visit to LA when I was 18 and in the military. I had not seen my father in about 10+ years but I looked the guy up. He met me at LAX and we drove directly to a joint called “The Ball” is that familiar with any of you older Southern California guys? It was quite an eye opener for an 18-year-old boy from Berryville… one thing for sure, that is off the list these days!

Bud Gordon

·
Senior Charter Member
1,526 Posts
What kinda business trip? Aerospace perhaps?? Steve C is in Torrance, which is real close to Manhattan Beach. As for recreation, Hermosa and Manhattan Beach are both great for scenery and nightlife. Venice Beach isn't far if you'd like to see some of the weirder crowd.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes it is for business, I do network security (vulnerability assessment) for the FAA. So far I am planning to go to Hollywood and Venice beach. I have fond memories of freaky people at Venice beach a couple of decades ago. Where is the place to go to catch some hot rod action? I know it is going to be slim pickings on a weeknight.

Thanks,

Bud Gordon

·
Registered
95 Posts
BUD

If you are talking about WED, APR 7 there is a large car cruise at the NHRA Musuem at Fairplex in Pomona, CA [About 45 miles to the east of where you are going to be at.] I'm going to be there with KERMIT [FFR 2367]. It starts at 5PM and normally has about 400 cars there. This is the first one of the year there. It is really a large cruise. August of last year the 50/50 darwing was $1500.00 dollars your cut so that shows you it ain't a small show. If you can get over to my place in Pomona at about 3PM you can drive over in KERMIT. If you aren't there by 3:30PM you have a serious problem finding a spot. getting a spot. Let me know.

·
Torque Junkie
2,167 Posts
Bud if your going to be at the FAA office in L.A. and you see Dennis Gallagher tell him that Scott from San Diego said hello. If he says Scott who tell him to buy some more of those purple boxes and he'll figure it out.

·
Charter Member
607 Posts
Bud,

You could come by my house and help me build
I am about six min. away from Hawthorne.

One of my friends live in Hawthorne, and could tell you where all the weeknight cruses are (there is about one every night down here). Let me know if you want me to find out for you.

If family is going you could check out Shoreline Village and the Aqurium of the Pacific. It not to far away.

Mike

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.