Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
he who lives by the sword. gets shot by those who
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha! Everyone!
Just wanted to inform the SoCal crowd I have 9 days left and I'm on my way! It's been very nice to live here for the last Six Years and it's been great, but you get tired of "Island Fever" after a while! (you can only drive for about 35 to 40 miles before you run out of freeway anyways!)
Besides the change of Scenery, I am anxious as hell to get on with my life and retire from the rigors of military life, most of all, I just want to build my FFR!!!!
If anything else, I might just buy one(FFR Cobra) already completed, although, I already have a huge compilation of parts accumulated,I think the wife would get bent out of shape if I didn't put those to good use after all this time!!!!!
I am bringing an extra SC T-Bird IRS (3:27 locker complete disc to disc)if anyone in the SoCal area is interested in getting a clean IRS, all I am asking is what I paid, $125.00 not a bad price at all!
Thanks again to everyone I have talked to here on the forum and for the great support given here, I am looking forward to meeting lots of you guys in the very near future!!!!!
Have a great Day!
Ben
p.s. I leave on the 18th, so I might be offline for a short while, but you can always email me at : [email protected]

I always access this email :D :D :D :D

·
16,719 Posts

·
Charter Member
4,001 Posts
Welcome back Ben:
Drop me a line when you can regarding the SC IRS,I'm interested.
Thanks,
Paul

·
Premium Member
7,017 Posts
We've polished up the Golden Gates and are waiting for you with open...er...um...oh yeah...ARMS!

·
Cobra Colorist
5,632 Posts
"Cali. or bust" GO FOR THE BUST....GO FOR THE BUST!! You can get to Cali. anytime

·
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Aloha Gang!
Guess this will be my last post until I get to Cali.......I'm gonna be bummed! Unless by chance the hotel has free internet access!!!!!!! Yeah right.... anyway's... Hope to meet many of you in the next few months and put a face to the names! Take care and I'll see ya'll soon!
Ben

·
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
paul
My house hold goods won't be there until Mid September, but they will be there. my email is [email protected], after tomorrow, my hawaii email is going bye bye.....
Have a good one!
Ben

·
OT Moderator
13,931 Posts
Glad to see your finally off Ben, it's been a real pleasure chatting with you here on the forum. You are truely a one of a kind person. I've never seen anyone whom is so eager to help out and positive.

Don't you worry, because soon you will fullfill your dream of driving around in your badddd azzzz machine.

Take care, Rob.

·
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Woo Hoo!!!!! The Movers have me 1/2 packed up! This time tomorrow, My parts stash will be loaded out! Yeah baby! So, it looks as if California is a GO! ,I'm sure glad, I hate to have to re arrange everything on the behalf of the movers.....The guys I have moving me are way cool, bought them a case of Corona to show how thrilled I was with how they handled everything!!! Guess I'll give you all a holler once I get into town next Wednesday!!!! HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE!!!
Ben

·
2,203 Posts
Welcome home Ben! Let us know when you will be up in our area too!

·
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hello again all!
I am almost finished Packing up all my stuff,
Since the movers are still working on other parts of the house, I packed all my goods for the Cobra project myself, making sure to wrap the powder coated goods especially well. All I have left to wrap up are the pumpkins for the IRS units and the Engine block, I think these guys are way cool, they didn't think twice about my parts, especially since I bought them a case of Corona :D !(I wouldn't let them drink it until they were done for the day though) I think I am way over my weight limit though, but, I don't care, it's only money....Did I say that? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Seriously, I'll just be happy to get it to Cali and put this move behind me.....

I have to say this, I'm glad I only have a year left to go until I retire, because with all the underway time I am facing over the next six months, I would never get anything done if I had bought a kit already, out to sea on Monday, back in port on friday and maybe have duty one day of the weekend.....I will be so glad this will never happen again (after I retire that is) where it is true that I would make more money if I stayed out to sea, I'm just tired of it. I know I am going to miss certain things once I retire, but, building my Cobra will be not only a challenge, but one I can do with my two boys William 10 and Matt 8, I caught my eight year old outside yesterday trying to jack up the car, he said he wanted to fix the car, so He's primed! :D Besides, once I get my air riveter, that would be like having a sitter all by it's self!(keeping them occupied) Well, I have to hit the rain locker (shower) I have been in the sun all day, and I'm burnt, boy, do I feel it too! enjoy your evening!
Ben

p.s. I got to talking to Ken Bush the other day and came up with a good Idea for speeding up my kit purchase, but that would require me to sell back my Vacation days.....almost two months of salary!!!! ($5000+) although it is tempting, and I could make even more money because I would be making three months of a deployment and whilst in a tax free zone, that could amount to another $850.00 to $900.00 a month on top of that per month! decisions, decisions....... :rolleyes:

[ August 12, 2005, 12:19 AM: Message edited by: Ben Smith ]

·
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
okay guys....whew! We finished my pack out at 4:00pm yesterday, I'm checking out of housing on monday and into the hotel!!! Thursday I'm on my way to Cali!!!!!
Have a great weekend everyone!!!
Ben

1 - 15 of 15 Posts