Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, After some great inputs from you guys I ordered a cable shifter for my Gen.1.
The cables are pretty stiff and i don´t want to burn them by routing them to close to the exhaust. Do you have any picture of a good routing that have been working out good for you?

As a side note, I just had to do something about the shift lever that came with the kit. It looked like one of the levers on my manual lathe :)

Thanks
/Johan

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,994 Posts
Very nice work on the shift lever!! As for the cables, we normally route them so they are tucked up as close as we can get them to the engine block/oil pan to keep them away from the exhaust. Since the exhaust goes up over the axles, we keep the cables below the axles and sweep the larger top cable up to the top of the trans from there. Once they are all routed, we cover them in insulation to help keep them cool in the areas where they are near the engine or other heat sources.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Shane, I wish i would have routed the oil cooling circuit for the transmission after i got the cable shifter installed :). Anyway i think i understand the routing.
Regards
/Johan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts