Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to buy a replica from another state where it is already registered(titled) and bring it into California where I live and register it here in CA. Does anyone have experience with having done this? Will it be subject to emissions testing initially and every 2 years thereafter? Will smog requirements depend on the year of the engine? What is the law in this regard? Can it be retitled under SB100? The last thing I would want is to buy a nice car with an '87 302 Mustang engine that would end up requiring emissions testing every 2 years(with cats of course). Thanks. J.R.Van Hise

·
What is the speed of dark?
593 Posts
It would depend on how the car is registered in the other state, and who you talk with at DMV.
If the car is registered as a 65 Ford Convertible, you might get away with re-registering it as a 65 Ford Convertible and have zero smog requirements.

If that fails you will have to go through the SB100 routine.

good luck

·
2,203 Posts
I suggest you find a car in CA that already has an sb100 registration.

·
Premium Member
2,368 Posts
your best bet is to find a car that is registered in calif under sb100. right now there are a lot of cars for sale that can't be regestered but have titles so buyer beware.
it the car has be regestered in calif under sb100 you are ok

this is a public forum watch what you say about registeration

1 - 6 of 6 Posts