Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry in advance if I missed the post on this already.

I have heard stories that in some cases you need a new number if you do not finish the build in the year the number was assigned.

If this is not true, where there any issues or documents needed to get a new TOP to get to the CHP,BAR, etc.? I am guessing they want more money
for the 2007 reg at the least.

Any info from folks who did not make the date last year would very helpful.

Thanks in advance!

--Bill

·
Premium Member
7,018 Posts
You do NOT need a new number. the SB100 number carries forward until you complete the process.

When you are ready for the TOP, go to the DMV and take your check book!

·
Premium Member
9,698 Posts
As stated above, no new SB100 number, but don't forget to pay your taxes on the car for the new year. You may or may not get a taxes due letter. I also asked them about changing the month of registration to something other than January, The DMV said it couldn't be done. John

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
No You Don't, You may have to renew your annual regstration fee. Maybe you can put a non- op on it if your not ready to drive it for a while.
Dan ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback! This is great news!

I will make an appointment to make sure I am up on all my fees.

Thanks again!

--Bill

·
3,798 Posts
No new number needed as said above. When you are ready for the TOP, just go to the DMV and ask the clerk for one. They can be good for 30 to 90 days depending upon how the clerk feals that day. You only need the TOP if you drive your car to the CHP, BAR, etc, if you use a trailer you do not need one as long as you load the roadster from your property and not the street.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts