Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a 1996 GT Conv. Auto, leather, MAch 460 radio, new tires, freshly tuned, very nice cosmetically. It has 129,000 miles and runs very nice. It has been female driven for the last two years and has a new top. It is like a medium green with white top and black/white interior. No performance mods except an X-Pipe and K&N filter. Everything works on the car. I would prefer a 5-Speed but the wife can't drive a stick. I have the guy down to $4,200.

Good Deal??? Let me know your thoughts.

Tim

·
Husband/Father/Son
12,464 Posts
The mileage is a bit high for a 96, but the price takes that in to account. If your mechanic gives it his thumbs up, I say go for it...........If not, let me know and I'll buy it as my summer "beater".........

Bill S.

·
Registered
366 Posts
What is the significance of female driver? Is that supposed to imply it has been driven easily as she wouldn't get down on it or that the gears, engine, etc. might be trashed because she doesn't know how to drive it? Either way you have made a sexist remark. Good for you that only a few women read this--should I forward it to Mary Borden?

·
Senior Charter Member
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BobTheBuilder,

Not meant to be sexist at all. Most female drivers aren't tempted to show their testosterone during a red-light engagement. You need to chill. I think most people know what I meant by that comment. I have met David Borden (VIR) and have prayed for both of them and email his brother from time to time, so forward if you must. Mary would run circles around me on a track and probably on the street, but she probably doesn't beat on the minivan. Rant finished!

Mrmustang,

Thanks for the advice. It is really a well taken care of car. Fortunately, his brother is the lead tech at a Ford dealership and has gone over it completely--even change the valve seals because they were seeing a little smoke. There is no smoke now. I will have a Compression check done before I pull the trigger. Thanks again.

Tim

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me.
I'd drop some 4:10's in rear, add underdrive pulleys, C&L upper intake ( or port the stock upper ) and a put an air intake kit in it. That would make a fun, reliable, auto tranny cruising car with decent acceleration. The gears would make a huge difference and the other mods would add around 20hp up top. Totally reliable and no problems with overheating or anything either.

·
6,546 Posts
Most female drivers aren't tempted to show their testosterone during a red-light engagement.
Then why does it have an X Pipe in it?

I tell you one thing, my mom drives on two wheels and my wife is damn near nuts as well. Probably both of them could out drive me.

You might pull a Carfax on the car, and have a pro look for significant body repair work like clamp marks on the front subframe from a pulling/frame machine. Otherwise, sounds good IMHO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts