Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Did the white lettering on all four wheels. That was a PITA and the coverage was not as good as I had hoped. But still like the end result.

Went to get my daily inspected today and picked up some Dodge floor mats for $4 in the sale bin.
used one to make a rubber mat on the drivers side.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey John! do you remember all those former builders that posted almost daily about their builds? Wait happened? Can you remember asking about a brake problem and getting a 100 replies? Maybe the new F5 Cars are perfect?

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I know, the forum has changed over the years for sure. It’s not as interactive as it once was. But then some really comprehensive build blogs have been put together too so questions are often answered that way. Now you get 350 views and 1 answer/comment. I’ve always tried to be supportive as I know first hand how frustrating the build can get sometimes. Sign of the times....

John

·
Registered
587 Posts
Neat idea on the rubber mats John. I was just thinking the same thing as toaddr. You get a lot of looks but not much feed back anymore. I don't get on the site a lot anymore just because I'm finished up on the coupe. I try to look at it at least once a month and if I have something good to add to a discussion I will, but the coupes have changed quite a bit and much of what we learned or shared doesn't apply to the new coupes frame, sheet aluminum and body to some extent.
The overall strategy is probably the same, but I'm not sure. I also think FFR fixed a lot of the problems that we had. The front suspension has been updated quite a bit since when I received mine. You don't need SAI modes now because the spindles are all new. They moved the rake back and fixed Ackermann. Bump steer I believe was improved with the new spindles. Drivers door doesn't have to be cut up to make it fit in the opening. Body is symmetrical now which helps out in the fit up. Mold seems are better. I believe the rear glass is better. They changed the door hinge mounts so I think you can get the body off and on better, rather than stretching it so much. Cockpit is bigger so you don't need to lower the floor or do the mods I did to move the seat back further. Maybe that's why there isn't as many questions or interaction?
Anyway, I didn't mean to hijack your post. I'm glad to see your still moving toward the finish line(y)

Reactions: Gbeck

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah I know, the forum has changed over the years for sure. It’s not as interactive as it once was. But then some really comprehensive build blogs have been put together too so questions are often answered that way. Now you get 350 views and 1 answer/comment. I’ve always tried to be supportive as I know first hand how frustrating the build can get sometimes. Sign of the times....

John
John about your rubber floor mat's. Did you find a way to "stick them down" I had the fellow that did my interior provide me with custom floor mat's to cover the new carpet. Only problem- every time I try a slip my ancient Ass into the car between the steering wheel and seat - the mat's get rolled up in a ball under the pedals?

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
John about your rubber floor mat's. Did you find a way to "stick them down" I had the fellow that did my interior provide me with custom floor mat's to cover the new carpet. Only problem- every time I try a slip my ancient Ass into the car between the steering wheel and seat - the mat's get rolled up in a ball under the pedals?
My mat is rubber and has the little spikes on the bottom that hold it in place. Plus I cut it pretty snug in the floor space. So far so good.

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts