Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
6,546 Posts
A fun read, as usual.

So you're going to quit this I.T. crap and open up an engine building service now that you have all these industrial tools, right? :D

I enjoy your stories, keep 'em up!

Bill

·
Registered
182 Posts
Andy, Such colorful terminalogy. Best way to service valves is with heads off on the bench with a C clamp style spring compressor. I would have to search for it but some one out there in tool world sells a spring comp. tool that uses the rocker stud to anchor to then another arm swings down that rests on the valve spring then you simply push the handle down to compress the spring. My uncle has one and works great if you have the heads on. I believe I can still taste the soap my mother used to wash my mouth out after saying such words, Try Craftsman or Snap-on.com They just might have it, Sorry I can't give you a part number.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Michael
I have seen the C clamp style and they look pretty good. They are similar to the one I described in action here. I believe that one I prefer using is like an industrial strength "C". I actualy found mine at Norther Tools online for less than $100 and it looks identical to that one. I have the lever arm screw onto the stud model as well, but I find it side loads the valve, this means it has to be used with heads on the car (as you stated). Now Michael, have you seen the air compressor models? :D Now that's a manly mans tool but I thought the price scared me. Three compressors later. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts