Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mark D has done it again. We just finished a butt whooping few days.
It started with delivery of my coupe from Jeff miller's place to Missouri. Jeff knocked it out of the park with the turn around time and quality. The body work, paint, fit and finish are unbelievable. I could not of asked for anything more.

Mark literally delivered a finished car. All that was needed was to finish the carpet and install the glass. But we had bigger plans.....

My goal was to build a driver / gt car. After a short trip with hearing protection left me with constant ringing in my ears ( now going on 6 months), I told mark its under car exhaust or I'm selling it.
Then about 2 weeks ago I spoke with mark about my concern of the close proximity my head has to the roll bar and more plans were made.

All in all I have a car I can drive literally on a daily basis and for extended periods of time.

A few of the tasks that took there toll on us:
1. dropped driver floor, 2 inches
2. under car exhaust with actuators to open valves for side pipes,
Thats right. There will be no fake sided pipes on my car. I can open up the valves with a button on the dash and ear deafening madness will sing from the side pipes. When I close them I can cruise around in utter comfort. It is so quiet a baby can stay asleep while going thru the gears. (This last statement has yet to be tested)
3. front tow hook
4. rear tow hook with bar
5. headliner, dynamat
6. turkey pan
7. and a bunch of stuff I can't even remember.

enjoy the pics

Thats my attempt at pics. Mark has more.

Mike M.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Looks really nice! That is a lot done, hope it makes the car more enjoyable to drive. Did you go Guardsman Blue?

·
Registered
410 Posts
That paint is awesome! Especially the shot on the rack.

Giving Mark an angle grinder is a dangerous move!!!

I like the way they rear exhaust came out.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Mike,

Wow that is a big undertaking with the the body all painted and things that close to the finish line.
Knowing Mark this took all but 45 min right?!!:laugh2:

Looks great, see if you post an in car video as you switch back and forth between the two exhaust systems.

John

·
Registered
128 Posts
Numbers

What are you doing for numbers? Is there a vinyl product or something else since I do not see any painted on? Thanks
Chris

·
Junior Charter Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
will definitely post a video with in and out of car, with and without side pipe exhaust footage.

Numbers will be vinyl. Have not yet decided on the number.

Mike M.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Mike-

Your car looks awesome! I think your smile conveys the perfect message.

Mark-

Thanks for the pictures. The car is really beautiful.

Jeff-

Great work as always. And man, those dogs don't look like they ever go hungry! I was always taught you want poorly fed guard dogs! ;-o)

I truly love your work! Always stunning, and awe inspiring!

Regards,

Steve

·
2,925 Posts
body off getting ready for some big improvements, before the final mounting.

leveling the engine first

first off Mike wanted the Karen S drop seat mod but we decided that was just half of what we wanted
So after mike took a few zanex to calm himself I started cutting.
what we ended up with is quite impressive. no failure to commit here.

·
2,925 Posts
then for the fun stuff
he wanted the side exhaust to fully functional so we used electric cutouts

also we added the the fuel cell protection tube from the challenge cars so we could also add a rear tow hook

then we moved to the front and added a FFR front tow hook in a slightly different place than they do.

·
2,925 Posts
Now onto the part that makes Da Bat cringe
time to install the head liner.

I think the drop seat mod made a difference

My turn 6'5"over soo many lbs. sitting on the floor

a quick walk around after the body was mounted showing the results

·
Charter Member
2,564 Posts
Mike,

You and Mark are creating a "one of a kind" coupe with all those custom mods! Very cool! Mark, you continue to amaze me!

Garry

1 - 20 of 25 Posts