Factory Five Racing Forum banner

161 - 180 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Nicely done!
I removed all the accessories at the front when I did mine. Recommend you do the same to re-instal. Gives more room to get the clutch over the transmission shaft without the risk of dinging your crank pulley on the crossmember.

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #165 (Edited)
Nicely done!
I removed all the accessories at the front when I did mine. Recommend you do the same to re-instal. Gives more room to get the clutch over the transmission shaft without the risk of dinging your crank pulley on the crossmember.
I will. The shop said they wanted everything except the carbs

·
Registered
206 Posts
I didn't realise beards are compulsory for removing an engine 🙂. Nice positive step forward. Hopefully the engine shop can get it all buttoned up tight. Then you can go an fully enjoy the drives.

Wishing you the best of luck,

Nigel

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
I didn't realise a beard was compulsory for removing an engine 🙂. Nice positive step forward. Hopefully the engine shop can get it all buttoned up tight. Then you can go an fully enjoy the drives.

Wishing you the best of luck,

Nigel
Lol always good to have some facial hair.

Hopefully. I can't wait. It's been fun so far even with the oil.

·
Junior Charter Member
728 Posts
Awesome work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
Gutted and on stands.

Sad day.

On the positive side

I did not see any evidence of the main seal leaking with the engine out.

I can get at the exhaust body cut out and sand that more appropriatelly.

I thouroughly clean the engine bay after all the oil leaking.

Jason

Attachments

·
Junior Charter Member
728 Posts
I’m surprised there’s not more oil on the firewall if it was leaking so badly.

I had a leaking power steering line on my truck and the entire engine bay and chassis were coated with a mist of oil.

Are your headers oily inside?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Guys: The engine is at the machine shop...let's wait for a tear down analysis before further speculation...jhargrove has run the gamut with gaskets, seals, oil leaks and all that happy stuff...let's see what the pros have to say!

·
Not a waxer
11,907 Posts
Guys: The engine is at the machine shop...let's wait for a tear down analysis before further speculation...jhargrove has run the gamut with gaskets, seals, oil leaks and all that happy stuff...let's see what the pros have to say!
Comprehension is sooooo overrated :rolleyes:

Jeff

·
Registered
977 Posts
Comprehension is sooooo overrated :rolleyes:

Jeff
I think in 9 pages of responses we have covered all the possibilities. Quietly waiting for the shop report could be a challenge though 😇

Norm

Reactions: hefbadr

·
Junior Charter Member
728 Posts
I think we’re all emotionally invested in the outcome of this engine.

Reactions: hefbadr

·
Registered
396 Posts
I'm late to this party but just noticed in the engine photo that this is a 347. You must install an oil spacer ring prior to the oil rings. I see the number of rings discussed previously, but no mention of the spacer ring. If this was left off or installed incorrectly it could certainly explain all the issues. Now, back to the sidelines...

161 - 180 of 181 Posts