Factory Five Racing Forum banner

141 - 160 of 181 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Starting the process of pulling the engine I should have turned the car around 1st. Lol I will figure it out.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
4,054 Posts
Woody does great work!!! Enough said---(lol) Question, does your intake manifold require a "oil baffle" under the PVC outlet?

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Woody does great work!!! Enough said---(lol) Question, does your intake manifold require a "oil baffle" under the PVC outlet?
[/QUOTE

I have baffells.

I'm not using Woody. The guy at Auto Machine Shop I have a relationship with and they want to help me he feels bad. I used them to machine the block. I just did not know they fixed them too. They have a big shop and have been around forever. He will get me in on. Monday and move things around dispite being super busy. I can't tell you how could felt after talking to him very nice.

Jason

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Woody is all alone and it was going to be months and months. He seemed not so much enthusiastic about the job like the other guy.

·
Junior Charter Member
728 Posts
Glad to hear you’ve got a plan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Actually now that I read this closer I do not know about the oil baffells in the manifold.

I have an Edelbrock Dual Quad Manifold I there is no baffells on that.

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
This is an engine problem, not a PVC issue or even a valve seal issue. As Jeff pointed out valve seals would not cause that kind of oil burn under hard acceleration. Broken rings or pistons would be most likely.

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
Almost ready.

Just have to disconnect the clutch cable then all that's left is engine mounts

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
Tomorrow I plan on pulling this engine by myself or at least try initially I have the transmission blocked up any suggestions would be appreciated. I believe it's going to be relatively easy to get it out of there it's getting it back in there that's going to be hard.

Don't see any reason why I can't go from the side if it's just the engine for my garage setup that'll be easier and avoid the the body on the front end

·
Junior Charter Member
728 Posts
Definitely from the side, you would need a crazy long arm on your engine crane to come out the front.

It will be a little tricky to get the engine to slide forward away from the transmission but you’ll get it.

Lift slowly and look for that wire or hose you forgot to disconnect.
I swear a forgotten 18ga wire between the engine and chassis can lift a car off the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
977 Posts
Agree, from the side. Did mine last winter and followed the recommendations made by Craig S. Get an engine leveller, if you don't already have one. Makes the job much easier.
I took the weight of the engine on the hoist then loosened the engine mounts and removed the engine mount to block bolts. This allowed the engine to slide straight ahead until the transmission shaft cleared the clutch. It was then up, up and away. Make sure you have lots of overhead clearance. An extra set of hands is really helpful to avoid the engine swinging around and hitting the windshield while you move the hoist back.

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
Thank you Ford and Norm I will follow all your advise.

Engine mounts removal seems like key advise.

I have a leveler.

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
I remember when I put the transmission on something about the clutch fork being fully engaged. Do I need to worry about that for removal?

·
Registered
900 Posts
I remember when I put the transmission on something about the clutch fork being fully engaged. Do I need to worry about that for removal?
Just remove your clutch cable from the quadrant. Are you taking the trans out as well?

141 - 160 of 181 Posts