Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure how I manage to run out of it... only extra I used was for the forward splash cover plate inside the rear wheel wells that I fabricated, now I don't have enough left for the rad aluminum...

Anyone within the Toronto-Montreal corridor that has a couple feet leftovers?

·
Coolest Puzzle ever !
1,305 Posts
Seal

Got some for sûre just got to find it. Just let me know when you Côme by and its yours. Ps need to know what valve(pn) you used for your heater.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got some for sûre just got to find it. Just let me know when you Côme by and its yours. Ps need to know what valve(pn) you used for your heater.

Cheers
Thanks JF: where would I be, what would I do without you!

The Heater bypass Valve is from a Ford Ranger circa 1995.

best thread about it:
http://www.ffcars.com/forums/17-factory-five-roadsters/270421-heater-shut-off-valve.html

this is what it looks like:

Bought mine at an autoparts store right by the Dorval airport, 22$ + tax, that was the cheapest in the West Island.

You need to modify it like in the thread to use with your cable switch, snaking the hoses to and from is a bit of gymnastics, that's why mine ended up vertical instead of flat...

No rush on the bulb seal, just ping me when you have found it, I probably need no more than 3 feet or so.

·
Snake Farmer
10,396 Posts
Not sure how I manage to run out of it... only extra I used was for the forward splash cover plate inside the rear wheel wells that I fabricated, now I don't have enough left for the rad aluminum...
Some that applied it across the rear cockpit bulkhead, found themselves short. Did you use some there? You may have gotten a shorter length of it from FFR than standard?

·
Coolest Puzzle ever !
1,305 Posts
Rear wall

I also pût bulb seal on the rear wall and it fit fine.

Cheers

·
Coolest Puzzle ever !
1,305 Posts
Seal

No I bought some extra at an RV place for 1$ à foot.

Cheers

JFB

·
Snake Farmer
10,396 Posts
I did for sure, seemed and still seems a good idea to support the body in that area... No?
Some builders have put it there, but it's not actually "intended" to be used there. Thus the shortage of bulb seal..Many builders simply tuck the carpet up into that area, although with the new body roll on the cockpit fiberglass on the MKIV's, that may not be so common anymore.

The body doesn't really need support in that area. It could also prevent the body from sitting down properly on the frame, although again with the MKIV's, perhaps this isn't an issue..

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I installed the body with my two daughters (12, 14) and my son (17 who has interest in the finish product, not so much the build itself-go figure?)

Stretching the body around the trunk was our challenge then I realized the rear cockit wall was supporting the body at the roll... Pushing back the wall and the carpet that sits on top of closed cell insulation needed a bit of husle and muscle, but I got the impression the body fell nicely over the bulb seal when everyting tucked in place. Altough not riveted yet, the body looks like it is the correct height to attach to the underside of the frame...

·
Coolest Puzzle ever !
1,305 Posts
Home Babylone

The car is safe in the garage, i'm home all Xmass season so just give me a call

Cheers

Start back work on the 3rd

·
Coolest Puzzle ever !
1,305 Posts
Yes

For sûre ill be there!

Mk4

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.