Congrates on your progress Glenn. I hope inspection goes good for you.For the last few weeks I've been paying the price for doing so much body customization ... the doors didn't quite fit! But it's all better now.
To recap, early on in this build I made the door openings larger by moving the door striker rearward by about 2" and lowering the door sill by about 2". This was all to make it a bit easier to get into the car and make more room in the door cavity for the window regulator. I mocked up the changes to the fiberglass and built custom door frames to fit the new door opening. So far so good, right?
Well, several weeks ago we pulled the body off the car and glassed in the changes to the fiberglass. After setting the body back down on the chassis the doors didn't close without rubbing the fiberglass! So I stripped the door frames back to the tubing and fabricated new panels for the perimeter; front side, bottom and rear side; that fit the new door openings with 1/2" space available for weather strip. Tedious, time consuming work. But that chore is behind me now!
I rewired the circuit that powers the fan when the AC is turned on. Contrary to the Factory Five guidance I had wired the fan to be powered by the fan relay in the Ron Francis fuse box. After reading about somebody that did the same and fried their fuse box I thought I'd better change my setup. I followed the wiring schematic from Vintage Air. The high current feed goes from the battery, through a 50 amp circuit breaker to the relay provided in the kit. I spliced this relay output to the fan feed from the Coyote Control Pack and then on to the fan.
I have a short punch list of things to get done before PA inspection. We're starting to get some nice weather and I'm eager to try this thing out on the road!