Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Supreme Cobra Commander
9,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I pulled the wiring harness and other stuff outa the donor and had some questions and ideas. One is; Has anyone ever hooked up the cruise control? It would only take a couple of switches and resistors. Maybe some sort of custom switch panel I've seen on other builds to complete the retro look.
Second is; What gasket set or different sets would you use on the engine? I kinda like the one from FRPP and should be able to get it from Max.
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=FMS%2DM%2D6003%2DA50&autoview=sku
Third; Gas tank ventilation. Has anyone used the factory evap canister mounted to the inner passenger fender? It too wouldn't be hard to duplicate on the roadster then the fuel system would be the same as from the factory.

Also I couldn't find anything detailing the EGR bypass- that thing just doesn't look good.

[ June 02, 2007, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: Manic Mechanic ]

·
1,752 Posts
Tim,

I just finished mounting the canister to the left frame rail just in front of the gas tank. I'll probably mount the purge solonoid right next to it and run a 1/4" vent line up through the tranny tunnel to the engine compartment. We're using MassFlo EFI and I talked to Chris and asked him if his system had provisions for the evaporative system and he said it did. I like the idea of using the canister instead of the alternative of just dead ending the vent hose up inside the frame rail.

Rich

·
Supreme Cobra Commander
9,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking of using the OEM mount and placing it in front of the passenger foot box and using the flex line I pulled out of the donor. Thanx for your input.

·
Junior Charter Member
3,131 Posts
Tim: Some have hooked up their cruise control. It would be handy on a long trip. I used the charcoal cannister with all of the factory hookups, mounted it on the 3/4 tube just forward of the pass footbox. I can't help you with the gaskets. Pete

1 - 4 of 4 Posts