Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the sale this week of my 2001 Mustang Cobra convertible (wrong cobra), the ca$h is in the bank and I'm checking my work schedule to find a gap to slot myself into build school.

Which got me thinking about build school. Do they build a completely new car each session? Or is it the same car that gets stripped down between sessions?

·
Junior Charter Member
86 Posts
I went to build school last July and Todd and Jim, the instructors told me that they use the car three times and then get a new one from Factory Five. You could get your car first and then go to build school as an option. I ordered mine about a month after build school. You will want to take a lot of pictures at build school and a video camera is a plus. Lots of luck.

·
Wrenchette
94 Posts
I'm at build school right now. :cool: It's awesome! We were told they build the car about 6 times before a new one gets started. But I really don't see what a difference it makes with the school. They still go over the same stuff and info whether it's the first build or 6th.

We did the first start this evening before dinner. Tomorrow we finish off the car. I'm thinking of posting a more detailed report after the school. But I HIGHLY recommend it! Tons of fun and the amount of info learned is worth it.

·
Mid Ohio Loopster
1,980 Posts
I enjoyed the build school today also, but it was due to being able to put some miles on my car finally.

·
Wrenchette
94 Posts
Originally posted by Scott Shumaker:
I enjoyed the build school today also, but it was due to being able to put some miles on my car finally.
Thanks for stopping by! Nice to meet you and the other guys and check out your cars. It's pretty cool to be able to check out completed cars during the school while everything is fresh in our minds. I was on sensory overload looking at all the details! ;)

You and Tony get an A+ for the burnouts. Nick left in a more gentlemanly manner. ;)

-Elaine

·
Expert in Training
390 Posts
Just got back from build school. It was great.

Obviously, in order to complete a build in three days, the school doesn't spend time actually assembling things like the engine, rear end, dash, and drilling every hole in the panels, but it really gives you a nice, hands-on, idea of what's involved.

Jim and Todd are not employees of Factory Five and, because of this, can provide insight and additional help that sometimes contradicts the build manual. But, these insights will save you all kinds of time and headaches during the build.

Plus, you get to meet a lot of great people.

·
Charter Member
729 Posts
I agree with Todd...I think I would have been better off if I already had my kit as was totally ready to start when I got home from build school. It was a great experience and I would recommend it to everyone.

·
Junior Charter Member
1,164 Posts
Todd D.
your just jealous cause i passed 1st in the Class with Honours!!!!lol
(well me and matthew tied for 1st)
Hope all is well with the build. seems like your way ahead of me, say hi to the lil guy!!!

Jimmy O

[ May 07, 2007, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: cobrabhoy ]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts