Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thoughourly impressing my family with rides in Ophidia at Thanksgiving. So much so that I broke off the hanger from the drivers side ceramic coated muffler. I wasn't really happy with the way it connected to the Mark II anyway(chassis is different from the MarkI for which it was designed.) All I can figure is that with the torque developed from "rapid acceleration" the drivers side exhaust system wants to bury itself into the chassis (upward and clockwise rotation), and broke the hanger off.

Has anyone got a good fix for this?

Thanx,
Mike.

·
Premium Member
18,585 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,751 Posts
Wolf,
Did it actually separate at the pipe or did you you loose your hanger (piece holding pipe to chassis) ?

I've broken mine at the pipe and had to re-weld it. If you want to drop by and use my welder, you are welcome to. I'm down in Rocklin.

[ December 19, 2004, 01:26 AM: Message edited by: TNCobra ]

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, I've got new Ford engine mounts, but they're stock rubber, so that's probably an issue. The box tube separated from the side pipe, so I'll be welding a plate over the hole first, then a new tube to the plate.

John, you indicate there's a new bracket for the Mark II, but I don't know a thing about it. I suppose I should call FF about it. Have you got any info on it?

Ken, it sounds like you've done the same thing...and you're fairly close to Grass Valley. Have you done anything to keep it from happening again?

Thanx for the help!

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,751 Posts
Wolf,

I'm working on what to change. I got the new ffr side pipe hangers and will be figuring out how to make those work. It took 10,000 miles for this to happen, so I figure I have some time to figure out a new solution. Let me know if you want to do some welding.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts