Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This time an uneventful trip. Karl Gess said it was RED but the pictures can't do it justice. Karl spent over three hours this morning fitting the body bolts in on either side and then temporarily mounted the hood and trunk with a little help from me. Now I am back home, I will start to align doors and other panels.
These guys are a class act, the paintwork is beautiful and Karl is a real craftsman. I would recommend anyone in the mid-west to consider Gess Brothers for their body and paintwork...nuff said - here are the pics. (see if you can catch the subliminal advertising in a couple of the paint pics,
Steve

·
Registered
336 Posts
Awesome. Absolutely awesome. I think I just picked my colors.

·
Junior Charter Member
75 Posts
that's a nice red! Is it a little mettalic or candy apple red?

·
644 Posts
VERY nice Steve!

·
3,798 Posts
I really like all of the red colors appearing on cars lately, red must be the new shade of blue!

·
Senior Charter Member
2,397 Posts
umm...well...ah...WOW!!!

that is HOT!

i'm not a red fan usually, but i gotta say that looks absolutely beautiful!

·
8,356 Posts
Second the WOW! But looks real naked without windscreen, scoop, and accessories. Get'er some clothes, man!

·
FFR Craftsman
5,834 Posts
liked the ghosted in "Gess". All artwork should be signed by their painters!

·
Charter Member
248 Posts
Car looks great. Can't wait to see your graduation pictures!

·
Charter Member
620 Posts
Is the Gess logo actually ghosted into the paint or is that just a reflection?

[ December 17, 2006, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: E=mc2 ]

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,739 Posts
Final stretch.

Its a great looking car. I like the separate air scoop. How are you going to attach it?

Rick

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
WOW. what a fun event! Looks like a car now! Great Color!

Seeing RED!

Good Luck

Dan

·
Senior Charter Member
236 Posts
looks great! yes karl is a class act! great guy and great guys in the shop working with him.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Steve,

It looks great! I'll have to wait a few more weeks till I get mine. I can't wait to see it in person. I think you'll be happy with that choice.

Skip

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The non-FFR scoop is currently attached with clecos and I plan to attach with stainless button heads.
The painters signature is actually ghosted in pearl over white and under the clear coat. I agree that all paint should be signed - it's like a built-in quality assurance program.
Today I managed to get the windshield on, passenger side front splash panel, nudge bar, cooling vent, headlight, and indicator. I also hung both doors to within spitting distance of final fit and the passenger sidepipe. I started on the passenger rear taillight fitting but decided it's enough for one day. Everything should be fitted on by the end of next week and I will post more pics. The bright chrome really pops against the red...I am a very happy man!
Steve

1 - 20 of 23 Posts