Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a long week at work... I've just read the install instructions for Breeze's lower radiator support kit 4 times and there are still a couple of things I don't get:

1. The parts list includes a 1-1/4" pan head Philips screw. The instructions never mention the screw. From the two photos, I'm guessing that after fit-up, one drills a hole in the center (side-to-side) of the lower radiator flange and a matching hole in the support bar and inserts the screw to keep the bar centered in the support flanges. Correct?

2. The "V-notch" instructions are really mysterious. What, exactly, is the contact one is seeking to preclude or accommodate via the "V-notches". I've got the new FFR AFCO radiator, and it isn't obvious why one would notch the two rubber hoses at all... Any good pics???

Again... a long week and I apologize to Mark if I've simply overlooked these two points in the instructions...

·
Junior Charter Member
746 Posts
I don't remember the answer to the first ? The v-notches are for the small ribs on the bottom of the rad (I don't have an AFCO, so I don't know if the have them) so the base of the rad sits on the rubber hose flat. I can post a pic tomorrow.

Troy

·
Senior Charter Member
1,168 Posts
Sherrell,
Here are some photos that might help.

Overall picture. Self tap screw goes in the middle to keep the bottom of the radiator in place.

I had to angle the brackets to get the height right.

In this view you can see that I trimmed the rubber from the end to get a little more height. You'll need to see how your radiator fits. You might not need to do this.

Last view, you can see the notches. They are relief cuts for the weld lines to sit in. They are really not necessary but nice to do to get the radiator bottom to sit flat on the rubber hose and not just touch at the weld lines.

Good luck,
Pete

·
Banned
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pete,
Fantastic pics! Answered all my questions. Thanks so much for going to the trouble for me.
Cheers,
Sherrell

·
Senior Charter Member
1,168 Posts
Sherrell,
Hey, What's the forum for? Glad to help.
Pete

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.