Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Shade Tree Mechanic
14,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading posts about all the trouble with hood mounting and I was looking at the Breeze hood mounts. I'd like to hear from some who have used them. Can you see that cross bar from the front? Looks pretty high so I would assume you can't see it unless you kneel down? Are they easy to install? Pics of any others would be good. I assume there are no hinges of any kind with the kit? Looking through my hood mounting hardware and I don't see anything that resembles a hinge. Just some cheezy rusted metal brackets and the nice Mr Gasket hood pins and locks.

·
2,860 Posts
Yup, we need some PIC's of the Breeze hood mount. At the Open House, I missed seeing them at Mark's tent. :( Not perfectly clear on website, either. Mark we need more info. Looks quite simple. Appears to attach to aluminum trim over radiator. Thanks.

·
Shade Tree Mechanic
14,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HS,
Is the FFR hinge the one you need to use the carriage bolts on/or not mount the F-panels to make instalation easier?
The Breeze mount looks like it would be easier to adjust and install, but I'm undecided on that bar across the radiator.
Russ.

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
Very easy to install as well as adjust. The mount can't be seen from the front unless you look up into the opening. I've got both hood and trunk on mine. (I'll get some more pics this afternoon when the sun comes out. Raining right now)Here's a couple I have already-

·
5,559 Posts
that is a very nice setup - much better than that complicated link design from FFR!

·
Shade Tree Mechanic
14,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Convincor, Thanks.
Shoulda known....Mark's stuff rules. Just got through doing the seat mounts, also a great addition. I may have to move my wiring a bit think I may have a rosebud clamp right where that bracket goes.
Russ

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
Wow...I wish he had that when I was doing mine. I opted for the ShellValley hinge at the time and it was a PITA to get it to fit in the car. I didn't want to do the whole hood hoop, so I didn't do the FFR setup.

·
Gelcoat Driving Maniac!
4,373 Posts
Anyone know if the Breeze bracket interfere with the pusher fans or is it high enough to not matter?

·
601 Posts
I have a set of these and if I can install them anyone can. More important is how easy they are to adjust and the period look to boot! Well worth the money. I have a set of Shell Valley hinges that will be in the for sale section shortly!

·
Delivered
2,709 Posts
I would also like to know if you can still run pusher fans with this hinge. Fan motors mount much lower I think, but I would be concerned with the top of the blades hitting the hinge crossbar.

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
Here's some more pics. The cross bar is about 15-1/2" above the lower radiator filler panel. 6" down from the top. Blades on the Finishline fans are 9" diameter so there should be plenty of room. Cross bar is very high in the opening, not visible from the front.

·
Sr FFR builder
5,565 Posts
I'm confused...

What does the hinge bolt to on the hood? a hoop? Do you have a pic of the whole hood?

·
Gelcoat Driving Maniac!
4,373 Posts
The pusher fan assembly from Finish Line has 9" fans. Given convincor's measurement of 15", that would make the pusher assembly a little tight, unless you can raise the pushers far enough away from the radiator that they can sit over the Breeze support.

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
Originally posted by Sinatra Fan:
I'm confused...

What does the hinge bolt to on the hood? a hoop? Do you have a pic of the whole hood?
The Mark III hoods have a "mounting pad"

·
Gelcoat Driving Maniac!
4,373 Posts
Those are good pics. Actually, nice car too. Who's is that? The fans look nice.

I guess when I pictured the fans, they were higher. As you said, looks like they should fit along with the hood hinge no problem.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts