Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
5,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
I wired in my switch today, very simple one side to the battery and the other to the fan positive side. I want to test it before buttoning everything up. If I jump the wires at the switch the fan turns on. I dialed the fan switch to its coldest activation setting (full CCW) and heated the probe with a lighter. I hear a faint click but the fan will not activate. Is it possible I need to have a larger volume of boiling water to keep a good connection inside the switch? I can heat the probe wire up red hot and still nothing. Thanks in advance...

Mike

·
Senior Charter Member
1,874 Posts
Hey Mike,
I hate to say it but it sounds like you may have a bad switch. If you can hear a click the switch should be making. We use a lot of capillary tube temp switches in HVAC work so thats what I'm usually listening for when somethings not working right.
FYI I'd be cafefull how much heat you put on it as most have safe operating range. Too much heat could damage the internals by building too much pressure and bending the diaphram unit.

Happy Holidays to you and the family,

Dave

·
FFCobra Fanatic
5,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dave, I have another that I will try, this time with the hot water only and a 9V battery. Happy holidays to you and yours as well.

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.