Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Charter Member
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my MKII in 2005. I took my time I was in no rush. I bought several of Marks
EZ kits and they were just that. Just recently I noticed I had some play in my steering and found the inner tie rod had gotten loose io the ball socket. I called Mark at Breeze
Automotive to see what my options were, I sent him a small video if the issue. Now I bought my steering kit 5 years ago and have put 1700 miles on the roadster. Mark tells me he is sending me a new one at no cost. Now that is a great vendor and someone who will get my buisness! THANKS AGAIN MARK!

·
Registered
372 Posts
I bought my MKII in 2005. I took my time I was in no rush. I bought several of Marks
EZ kits and they were just that. Just recently I noticed I had some play in my steering and found the inner tie rod had gotten loose io the ball socket. I called Mark at Breeze
Automotive to see what my options were, I sent him a small video if the issue. Now I bought my steering kit 5 years ago and have put 1700 miles on the roadster. Mark tells me he is sending me a new one at no cost. Now that is a great vendor and someone who will get my buisness! THANKS AGAIN MARK!
You have to like that - Mark has been a big help to me in my build too

·
Junior Charter Member
242 Posts
I've called Breeze in the past after hours thinking I would get an answering machine and Mark picks up the phone. I swear he was home eating dinner with his family and he took time to help me with a problem. Every time I have ordered soemthing from Breeze it has been a great experience.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Unfortunately, I called three times and still could not get anyone to answer a question I had. First call a woman answered and said the 'tech guy' was not there and to call back in a couple of days. I called back twice, left a message and still did not get a call back. I decided not to buy there. Really too bad as I like the look of the products.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Funny that you made this post, as I was about to do the same. I did a online order with Mark for just banjo bolts, brake hose mounting tabs, and a fuel cap. I not only received my parts extreamy fast, but also well packaged. Plus, he included a very detailed installation instructions for the brake hose tabs.
I first saw the instructions and thought who need instructions.....then I quickly said wow," I didint know that". He took the time to not only print those instructions, but included them so his customers will know exactly when to place them. Such a small part, and such a small profit no dout, and still wants his customers to be happy.

Thank you very much Mark.
Brian.

P.S to everyone who hasnt bought one of his fuel caps that has the small flapper on top, that dosnt require to to remove the cap to fuel up. YOU MUST GET ONE. (no instructions needed) haha

·
Registered
89 Posts
I agree, Rob. I had read that before and was disappointed in the response I received. As I apparently couldn't contact anyone who could help me maybe someone should let him know.

I just recently purchased some door panels from Herb Fraser and posted on here how impressed I was with the service and product Herb provided. I just try to call them as I see them.

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
I agree, Rob. I had read that before and was disappointed in the response I received. As I apparently couldn't contact anyone who could help me maybe someone should let him know.
Your experience is very unusual, and I'm quite surprised to hear about it. I have a number of parts on my Mk3 from Breeze, and now doing the same with my Mk4. He provides an amazing service for these builds because his parts are all well thought out and proven, with amazing instructions. I wouldn't give up. As I understand, he has a real job, and this is a side business. Like many others.

Personally, I've never tried to call, although he called me once with a question about an order. He's always returned email quickly, even when I didn't end up buying something. Use the "contact us" link on his website. Orders are always processed promptly and packaged perfectly.

Every business, especially these smaller ones, has a "best way" to deal with them, and sometimes it takes a couple tries to figure out what that is. For Factory Five, don't even think about email. Just call them. For others, email or their website might be better. We're not dealing with Amazon or Summit here.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi Edward,

Yes, I agree, some businesses do have their own 'best contacts'. After dealing with old airplanes and motorcycles for years I understand all too well. It is strange you mention Factory Five. When I was looking for my turn-key Roadster I e-mailed them with a couple of vin numbers on a couple of different occassions and they got right back with me. I even had a back and forth e-mail conversation with one of the gals there trying to determine kit manufacture dates. I was very happy with their response. How strange.

·
Plodding Along
2,976 Posts
There are many Breeze parts in my build and I can't say enough about what a champion for the hobby and, particularly FFR kits, Mark has been!

·
Registered
788 Posts
I bought a good bit of stuff from Mark. All but one product exceeded my expectations. Like Marty, I had trouble getting in touch with him a couple of times, and that can be frustrating, especially when every one says how great of a job he does. Just chalk it up to a bad karma day/week, and give him another try.

I have been dealing with some non vendors on a PS upgrade and it has been a disaster. Our vendors have spoiled me!

·
Senior Charter Member
537 Posts
I have bought a bunch of stuff from Breeze. Excellent quality, instructions and service

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
796 Posts
X2, Mark has been a great vendor. Jim

·
Registered
592 Posts
Mark is the BEST supplier we have on the forum

Much, much, much, better than another vendor on the forum that I used to do business with. Called the other vendor to ask a simple question about a T-5 and he gave me a rant about not purchasing it from him. He should have looked at my past purchases before ranting.

Will go with Mark for anything I need in the future.

Just received a recent order from Mark, could not believe the effort he put into packaging it, so as to prevent shipping damage.

Good job Mark.

Roy from Springboro

·
Registered
293 Posts
Mark, to me, the past 10 years is like having a friend looking over my shoulder. He has always had my best interest at heart. He will ship the item I need without saying anything about paying for it. It is like having a big brother that wants you to get it right the first time. I would like to see him as the Sales manager for FFR and be in charge of all parts, sales and distribution of new products and new ideas . He is like an ambassador of the Kit Car industry. I feel like an authority on this subject because I was lucky enough to work for a man who taught me how people wanted to be treated and respected.This man had all the business he could handle and was also the most expensive. Customers would drive farther , wait until the next day and pay more just to get it from him. If you take care of the customers you have, you will always have customers. Pitts OFF

·
Official Member of the Unofficial "First 500 Club"
3,007 Posts
Mark is the best!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.