Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
6,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've received a new bellhousing, hydraulic slave, clutch and flywheel. Time to install them! So I will be at Frankeeski's house on Saturday, and would love some company!

We'll start the day with breakfast and even if you can't hang out at Frank's it's a good excuse to get together again. Same place for breakfast as always just a bit earlier than usual. We are going to shoot for a 8:30 sit down for breakfast at Maniac Mikes. Here's a link to the restaurant if this is your first time. Care to join us?

Maniac-Mikes Cafe

:)

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Unfortunately we wont be able to make it. We need to go to the gun show in San diego to stock up for the upcomming election. :)

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I'll be there

I'll be there Dave...

·
Registered
595 Posts
Regrets

Dang, can't make it - going to the Peterson Museum in LA... See you next time!!

Derrick

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
I missed the part about the beer.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
frank, now you say that, right when we are going out the door to the gun show. Great, thanks. Next time the header of the post should simply state "BEER, my place, 092912."

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
How did it go? Sorry i couldnt make it. Went on a motocycle ride to santa barbara. My butt hurts now.

·
Administrator
6,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We ran into some issues around the transmission, bellhousing and new hydraulic slave. Frank and I are back at it today and are hoping to finish it up.

·
Administrator
6,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My car was REBORN today! Changing from a hydraulic throwout bearing (HTB) to a standard clutch fork with a hydraulic slave was a LOT of work!

We found out that the sleeve on the front of the tranny used for the HTB was different than standard. When I got my new clutch it came with a throwout bearing that had a LOT of slop on the sleev. Also the sleeve was too short for a standard throwout bearing. Anthony (Antney), Frank(frankeeski) and John(JJ'sSnakepit) coordinated between themselves and produced a plethora of new T5 sleeves to try. They all had a thicker sleeve that fir the new throwout bearing perfectly.

They also helped me true up the transmission for the new Quicktime Bellhousing. It took a long time to button everything up, bleed the clutch line and make some adjustments for setting the slave arm but at 5pm today we took the roadster off the lift. The new flywheel and clutch were a revelation. All the bucking disappeared and starting from a dead stop was super smooth! The car is a JOY to drive for the first time.

I learned a lot this weekend, cheif among them is that an aluminum flywheel and race clutch setup is the WRONG setup for the street, and how much a steel flywheel can make a difference in the way the car behaves.

THANK YOU Frank, John and Anthony for your friendship and help! I REALLY appreciate it!

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
THANK YOU Frank, John and Anthony for your friendship and help! I REALLY appreciate it!

:)[/QUOTE]

David, the quote is the real reason your car is now running like it should and you now have three very good friends you would not have had if you hadn't decided to build a FFR roadster. To all involved, nice going!

·
Fresh meat
312 Posts
Good times!

Working on your car was a pleasure. Many thanks to Frank for the awesome accommodations, to John for the much needed chow and to David for giving us something to work on that taught everybody something.
Let's do it again....but not today,
Anthony

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.