Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to try more aggressive pads. The three I have an eye on are EBC Yellowstuff, Hawk HPS and PFC. Anyone have experience with any of these? Any others?

·
Registered
587 Posts
I'm using EBC Yellow stuff and they work great. I went from not to good on braking to great. I don't have any experience with the others. I followed their break in steps to the letter, which is a lot of driving with very mild braking: I think it was 250 miles very easy braking, then 5 very aggressive brakes from 60 MPH to 40 MPH, then cool down drive. I'm getting a fair amount of brake dust, but they said that this is normal until full break in.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,568 Posts
Another pad is Carbotech. I've used these on my cars for 20yrs. Currently use XP10 on front and XP8 on rear. This is on a roadster but would do fine on the coupe as well. I use the same compounds on my '02 Mustang track car. They will dust more than some so just keep your wheels clean. ;) Forgot to mention, they do stop!

·
Cross Menber
98 Posts
I am on my third year of using EBC yellow and still love them.
They do have some brake dist, but it's worth the stopping power with manual brakes.
I have used EBC on my vehicles for quite a while, always been satisfied with them.

·
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm currently using Carbotech CT627-XP8 pads on the rear, and Ferodo FRP3082 pads on the front.

Apparently Hawk HB655X.620 will also fit on my front calipers.

So far we have two votes for EBC Yellow and one for Carbotech.

I wonder if any of these others would make any material difference in stopping power compared to what I already have...

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'd like to try more aggressive pads. The three I have an eye on are EBC Yellowstuff, Hawk HPS and PFC. Anyone have experience with any of these? Any others?
Have a 2008 Gen 2 Coupe finished in 2019. Mostly a Show Car with original F5 brakes. The two scariest times in building the Coupe - firing up the Engine for first time and trying to get the brakes to stop it on the first drive. Iv'e installed Hawk HPS front and rear "there better" but I wouldn't let my wife drive the Car! ( Well I wouldn't let Her drive it anyway) Brakes depend on use! If I could install Pads that made my eye balls hit the windshield on a Track Day but had a lot of Dust, sign me up! Daily Driver - would rather hose off brake dust than replace the Hood! Did I answer your question! No!! Come On Builders! Chime in. Not everyone can afford Wilwoods.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I too went to EBC yellow stuff. Performance beforehand was abysmal. After it works as well as my 16' Mustang. I would swear I have power brakes now. No disappointments.

·
Premium Member
17,871 Posts
I use Hawk HP+. Good pad, easy to modulate, quiet, and no dust to speak of.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I changed mine to Hawk HP+. Dusty but great stopping power, from www.hawkpadsdirect.com They have a 20% off sale occasionally.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts