Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to install brake lines. Should I use teflon tape on all threads?
Thanks in advance
Ed

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,854 Posts
Not a good idea nor a need. I think a post earlier mentioned that with flared connections the threads are not the seal but rather the flared line and matching contour in the fitting. I believe the telflon will only add trouble...

If you are going with the Stainless Steel lines good lock. As mentioned the seal is the line and fitting matting together. To force the seal you need to really crank on the fittings to make this happen. Make sure you have a brake line type of wrench to get as much grip as possible....

good luck

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,854 Posts
Good luck Ed..

I went with Tri state SS pre bent and they worked out real nice.. A little drip on one line which Mike Mack tells me to stop being a girlieman and turn the wrench tighter! :mad:

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,854 Posts
I have a 5 foot extention on my cresent wrench and a 6 footer on the line wrench... Seems that Super Strength SS line has the best of me...

Oh yeah I have lost the skin on my knuckles.. :)

not a girlieman just a wimp! But the lines look so good it is worth all of it! If any fluid comes out I am driving down to see you mike....

Thanks for the knowledge.. Now if I can just put it into action properly!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts