Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the Brake hose (31060) from Breeze but was unable to get the coupler for it. Mark does not carry it any more I've been told. I searched the past posts and found it refered to as a NAPA/EDELMANN 302X3 fitting. One post the other night said a vendor carried them. Before I went that route I tried finding it local. I checked the NAPA parts store but did not find the part. Can this part be found at a parts store is it something I have to special order and pay more for shipping than it cost?

·
7,237 Posts
That's probably the most common brake line fitting out there. I've bought several, and all the local stores always have them. NAPA, Autozone, Advanced Auto, etc. I'm surprised they didn't have one in stock. Some stores may use a different part numbering system. Just tell them you need a standard 3/16" brake line coupler.

·
Master Paint Chipper
1,374 Posts
Bax,

Are you talking about the small brass piece for the rear hose on a stock fox rear-end brake set up? If so, those are hard to find now...I think I got one of the last ones that Breeze had about a year ago. I had to replace mine because I dropped the original one, and dinged the ridges that seal with the brass washer. After that, I couldn't get it to stop leaking. Good luck...

Matt

·
FFCobra Fanatic
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Matt,
That's the one. It has the grove so the clip slids over it and secures it in place. Then the bango bolt screws in from the bottom and the 3/16 brake line screws in from the top. I'm off this morning to check out a couple more auto part stores.
Thanks!

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
8,694 Posts
Bbaxter,

I bought the stock donor (1990 Mustange GT) rear hose, fittings, and bracket from AutoZone Online a few months ago as a single unit for about $20-$25. It was complete with everything needed to connect to the solid lines on the axle and body.

·
7,237 Posts
That part is NOT the Napa/Edelmann 302X3 fitting. That napa part # refers to a simple 3/16" brake line coupler used to connect two lengths of pre-flared line. No idea where you might find one. :(

·
Senior Charter Member
645 Posts
I have the same issue. Is there an alternative approach for a non-donor build?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Bax,
I also have the Breeze part 31060 and found the brass connector 21556 from Max (about a month ago). Richard Oben thought he grabbed the last two, but Max was able to find one from a shop down South. The part was $4.40 and yes I paid well over that in shipping. Good luck. Also, one way to avoid this piece is to run separate rear lines to each brake, this gives you two braided lines, one at each wheel). Joe Bammann did this and got the parts from Richard. You may want to contact one of them.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I search every auto store in a 20 mile radis and no one had them. I even went to the Ford Dealer who told me they were no loger being made. So I called Whitby's they said they had them, so I ordered one. Around $8.00 bucks I think he said. I guess that's better than having to go under the Mustang I found at the wrecking yard. Hope you new guys read this and remember to SAVE EVERYTHING FROM YOUR DONORS!!!!!

·
Senior Charter Member
645 Posts
Troy,

I would like it. Sent you a PM.

Thanks,

Mike

1 - 14 of 14 Posts