Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Opened up the garage to find that my brake lights were on. I stepped on the pedal a few times and the lights would flicker as I was doing it. All other lights work, flashers, turn signals etc. I had to disconnect the - terminal from the battery. Anyone else have this problem? I'm thinking it's the switch on the pedal box. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts
I ended up switching the wires to make them work right. Maybe it will help. IDK. Maybe fuses and grounds. Flickering may indicate grounds somewhere.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Sounds like a bad/ stuck switch

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Guys. I got into the drivers footbox and located the switch. I saw that there was some play in it and was able to tighten the threaded ring. it snugged it up and it is working fine now. I usually do not have good luck with electrical matters and was dreading troubleshooting it. It was nice to have a simple fix! Thanks for your advice and input....Dave

·
Junior Charter Member
617 Posts
Brake light switches seem to be my nemesis.
My advice is to find the highest quality aftermarket or oem switch that you can find.

My Roadster has a mustang pedal box with the stock switch. When I built the car I replaced the 20 year old switch with a parts store replacement, and that lasted one summer.
I put the factory switch back in and it’s still going, 33 years old now.

My ‘54 has had about 7 brake light switches. When it had a line pressure switch I found he best ones came from the Harley dealer.
Now that it has a momentary switch I’m using one from an RX7 I think.

Good luck finding a quality replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts