Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! to All
new to the site ,just purchased a FINISHED 2005 Roadster MK III having a problem with the Brake & Clutch & Gas pedals being to close to each other I was told that there is a tool that you can clamp on the pedal arm and bend them to adjust them away from each other Your Help would be greatly appreciated
Danny K.

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Take the assembly off and use a torch to heat it up then clamp it in a vise and what I call a Japanese socket(cresent wrench) to bend it to your needs. Either that or get narrower shoes lol

Jethro
the only problem with that is the car is Finished and you know the work that is involved with that ,found someone to make the tool for me have few of them coming

· Lifetime Journeyman
1,143 Posts
I don't know exactly what we are talking about here but if you are talking about bendind a safety critical item like a brake pedal (especially if it is cast aluminum) it just sounds like a monumentally bad idea. JMHO.
Joel, Danny's posting in the GTM area probably added confusion to the issue, but if he's running the donor Mustang pedal box (not aluminum) there is a pedal bender specifically for them that can be used to bend the pedal arms in the car. There are some floating around out in the roadster realm, just have to locate someone that has one available. HTH

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.