Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Charter Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have pics of how the converted manual system is supposed to look? My pushrod seems too long for the space -- any help??? please - thanks

·
Senior Charter Member
242 Posts

This Probably isn't what you had in mind. But.......,it gives you an adjustable push rod for about 6 bucks. If I were to do it again I would cut the original pushrod so the "rod" was even with the mounting hole rather than sitting above the hole as I had to relive the shoulders of the connector to get it to pass in the MC. The rod is a stainless 3/8's bolt cut to size and then I chucked it in my drill press and used a file to round the end as it spun. Not looking at the pic's right now, so I don't know if it's there but I also cut a nut in half so I had a slim jam nut. I couldn't get the "foot" off the end of my stock rod now matter how much I banged, twisted, heated, cussed, or threw it across the street and by the time I gave up and cut it off what was left was way too ugly to go on the car :D
HTH

·
Senior Charter Member
242 Posts
just so you know,...the pictures are out of order. Don't make an ugly chewed up pushrod to put on your car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts