Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if you guys remeber me asking how to get 6an fitting on the hardlines provided by FFR. I wanted braided fuel lines with nice finish. Plus my lines are close to the headers and this makes me feel better. I gave up on that.

However they sell

3 ft (lots of lengths) braided fuel line (no fitting)

Red and Blue aluminum covers with hose clamps

The only problem was cutting the braided line.

1 vise
1 hose clamp
1 cut off tool

Worked like a charm

So if you want some customize braided hose that may be a solution.

The return line is still 3.5 inches from the bottom of the headers. Is this a problem?

I will show you a finished product tomorrow. Minus the line from the regulator to the rail. I can only find 2 ft. Premade lines. I need a 1 ft. May switch to the clamps and make my own.

20200223_132624.jpg
Screenshot_20200223-134109_Amazon Shopping.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
They sell a tube to AN adapter to do that.
I think I bought mine from Breeze several years ago.
I asked around here but I never did call Mark. I even tried to order something from breeze but I could not make it work. Plus you would have to build the hose. I bought a kit to do that too.

I felt in the end this was best for my skill set and situation.

·
Charter Member
661 Posts
Ahhh i see.
Back when I built I just told Mark the lengths I wanted and the hoses came made and all i had to do was install the tube fittings and go.

·
Premium Member
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
OK, just my opinion, they look like cheap imitation hoses.
I really do not see how they are cheap. They are steel braided and took a cutting tool to cut. It's the same line as the one that I got for the carbs. It's the same set up that edlbrock used on the fuel rail.

But I could be wrong. I have not tried to go intentianlly cheap on anything so far.

Jason
Screenshot_20200223-195252_Samsung Internet.jpg

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought a fitting off of ebay that fits the 1/4" tube and has a -6 AN end on it. You can get them in a couple different styles, this one is all aluminum.

·
Premium Member
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for the replys.

I like this method. Clean and effective.

This is my edlebrock fuel rail. Same thing.

I thought maybe someone else out there may like it too.
20200223_234005.jpg

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,172 Posts
It is a perfectly usable alternative for a carbureted setup. I would not use them for EFI (they do make special EFI rated hose and clamps/ends). At 3.5 inches from the header you are fine as far as heat transfer or hose degradation issues.

HTH...
Mark

·
Premium Member
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is a perfectly usable alternative for a carbureted setup. I would not use them for EFI (they do make special EFI rated hose and clamps/ends). At 3.5 inches from the header you are fine as far as heat transfer or hose degradation issues.

HTH...
Mark
Awesome thank you

·
Registered
313 Posts
I found the problem, on mine, is you need to use lines that are alcohol resistant. My non-resistant line lasted about 7-8 years. The resistant ones are much more expensive and require different fittings,
I ll pay attention and replace mine often.

Tom

·
FFCobra Craftsman
22,546 Posts
The line near the header could be insulated. Quick easy and cheap is wrap it w/ some foil tape from HD.
A bit more sophisticated would be this;
Thermo-Tec Express Sleeves 14030
It's nice in that it is split lengthwise and then Velcro added to the edges. So you wrap it around in the middle of an already installed hose and close it w/ the Velcro. Comes in several different diameters.

·
Premium Member
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I found the problem, on mine, is you need to use lines that are alcohol resistant. My non-resistant line lasted about 7-8 years. The resistant ones are much more expensive and require different fittings,
I ll pay attention and replace mine often.

Tom
The line near the header could be insulated. Quick easy and cheap is wrap it w/ some foil tape from HD.
A bit more sophisticated would be this;
Thermo-Tec Express Sleeves 14030
It's nice in that it is split lengthwise and then Velcro added to the edges. So you wrap it around in the middle of an already installed hose and close it w/ the Velcro. Comes in several different diameters.
Thank you I will look into this.

·
Premium Member
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I know you guys are not fans, but they are better than the plain rubber hose.

I still need to fasten then down.

I am going to practice making the 6 an lines with the nice fitting. If I feel these are good I will once again replace these. But for now i do not have to worry about the rubber hose and the headers.

Mark has his link to the proper fittings all I need is the right lengths.

I can properly get away with 21 in ones that I have seen and a 1 ft one. That little one would be a problem.

For now I'm happy.

20200225_145143.jpg
20200106_102852.jpg

·
FFCobra Craftsman
22,546 Posts
For anyone else thinking about doing AN hoses these are a big help.
AN is kind of a pain for the first couple but then it becomes standard procedure. The good thing is that the end fittings are re-usable virtually forever. The hose is also although the ethanol resistant stuff maybe not so much. Back when I was working on a racecar for a living we never threw any of it away. A 3ft piece would then become a 2.5 ft piece etc.

·
Premium Member
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
For anyone else thinking about doing AN hoses these are a big help.
AN is kind of a pain for the first couple but then it becomes standard procedure. The good thing is that the end fittings are re-usable virtually forever. The hose is also although the ethanol resistant stuff maybe not so much. Back when I was working on a racecar for a living we never threw any of it away. A 3ft piece would then become a 2.5 ft piece etc.
I'm going to try to build one for that too big of a one between the reg and fuel rail. If that works out then maybe I will do the rest.

I have everything I need to do it.
Thank you
Jason

1 - 19 of 19 Posts