Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put 1/4 inch spacers between booster and fire wall but the booster is still in contact with the steering shaft. Can I space it even further off the fire wall? I think I need another 1/4 inch. I am using a 1990 mustang booster.

·
2,746 Posts
Most of us who have done this mod also moved the lower steering bearing behind the bulkhead and put a 1/4" spacer between it and the bulkhead. I can post pics if it would help you.

Here are a couple pics..

Chris.

[ July 03, 2007, 10:38 AM: Message edited by: Cwood8656 ]

·
FFCobra Fanatic
12,975 Posts
Pic would help. Like said moveing the bearing reatiner from outside the pedal box to the inside adds some room. You can also make these bolt holes(retainer bolt holes)slightly over sized.Adds wiggle room. I ended up with probally a little more then 1/4" spaceing when done. Just added washers till I found how much I needed. The original plastic mustang spacer is 1/4" but use it as a guide not fact. Slightly enlarging the mounting holes the studs go thru also gives a little more room.
It's a close fit so a little gained here and there may be needed to get the room you need.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.