Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I just got in another BOSS block. Anyone need and engine built?
Mike Forte

·
Premium Member
9,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi Guys,
Isn't anyone looking for a BOSS block?
Mike

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,672 Posts
Okay, ah, my guess is that there are TWO yellow cars in that avatar pic of your shop. Am I right? Did I win? :D

·
Registered
454 Posts
Hi Mike. before I try & explain to my wife why I need one, how much is it going to cost?
Thanks.
Andrew

·
1,672 Posts
I am waiting for the taller 351 blocks that are rummored to be coming later.

·
5,559 Posts
Mike, honestly, I think most people are reluctant to drop that kind of change on something that doesn't really offer much advantage for a 302 builder. For what it costs, most would just buy a bulletproof Dart block, and build something with more cubes. That's just my opinion based on discussions I've read, and had in the past.

Brian

·
Premium Member
9,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi,
No freebies on these. Ford's discount policy allows about $150.00 in margin. If someone wants to buy it and give it away I think that would be great.
As for the 351 BOSS block, still waiting. As for Ford blocks, the 302 Sportsman (was $900.00) is gone and the BOSS is the replacement at $1650.00.
Mike

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
Brian, the Boss block can handle upwards of 360ci of displacement and is every bit as good as the Dart offering. If someone was building a mild or stock 302, yes, it's probably a waste of money, but if you are wanting to build a stout 331 or 347 or put some boost or juice into it, which a lot of guys here do, then the Boss block is a nice step up in the right direction.

The Boss is not "just" a 302ci block that can go .030 over like the Sportsman. It can have a max bore of 4.125, like the old R302 block...

As for the 351, it is a long ways away so you will be waiting for a while (FRPP is working on their big-block program now that the Boss 302 block is released)...

HTH...
Mark

·
Charter Member
496 Posts
I looked at the new boss 302 block today at spring Carlisle,I don,t remember the vendor but the price was $1750, really stout well machined, if you are looking to build a strong motor this is where I would start.

·
Premium Member
9,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Alain,
These are roller cam blocks. I still have it in stock and custom build it for you.
Mike Forte

1 - 13 of 13 Posts