Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I started building my car 6 weeks ago and should have a rolling chassis within the next few days! I am very concerned though about the body that is sitting on a buck outside. It appears that it has warped pretty badly. The only gauge of this is that the hood and trunk no longer sit flush on the body as they did when they first went on the buck. Is this normal??

Thanks
Dan

·
Senior Charter Member
633 Posts
Normal and a good thing, out in the sun it will "normalize" and stay put when you mount it on the chassis.

HTH
Ed

PS, you do have a board between the front and back of the cockpit?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should I turn the thing around so the other side can get the sun? I do have the brace in there, but the body is not resting on it.

Dan

·
MK3#4671
415 Posts
You should take it to a tanning spa to get a nice even tan all around :D

·
FFCobra Fanatic
12,975 Posts
Not unusual for the body to move some. Once you mount it on the frame and it gets fasten down it's going to be where it needs to so the panels can be fit. The more sun you can expose it to the better. Helps cure the fiber glass.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,884 Posts
WHen I picked up my kit in May they said the inside board is no longer necessary and curing is no longer needed. Also, the hood and trunck are trimmed bigger to be fitted properly

1 - 7 of 7 Posts