Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAS ANYONE WRITTEN A STEP BY STEP PROCEDURE FOR BODY REMOVAL/REPLACEMENT ONCE THE CAR IS FINISHED? SEEMS IT WOULD HELP WHEN INSTALLING A/C, WINDSHIELD WIPERS, OR OTHER OPTIONS.
JUST CURIOUS,
JOE

·
Super Moderator
29,562 Posts
It's pretty straightforward. Just reverse the steps used to install.

Remove windshield
Remove doors, hood and trunk
Remove roll bar
Disconnect lights
Disconnect/remove radiator aluminum bottom piece
Remove body attachment bolts
Remove body

I'm not sure if you have to remove the splash shields.

2FAST

·
Premium Member
7,237 Posts
Adding to 2FAST's list, don't forget to remove the rearview mirror (it screws down through the dash hoop) and the quickjacks (obvious). Also, if your trunk hinges were installed per the manual, you'll have to remove the hinge itself from the body. Finally, you'll have to disconnect the fuel fill hose.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THANKS! I KNOW IT SOUNDS SIMPLE, BUT I BOUGHT A CAR THAT WAS ALREADY ASSEMBLED AND THOUGHT THERE MIGHT BE SOME TRICKS THAT I WAS NOT AWARE OF.
JOE

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey Joe,

It looks like you aren't all that far from me (in West Texas terms) here in Abilene,TX.

Congrats on the FFR purchase...they are a lot of fun! I still can't keep the smile off of my face when I drive it and its been 3 years since mine was first on the road.

Let me know if you really need some "local" help and just can't figure it out. I have a digital camera and a complete car when it comes time to reassemble ;)

Good luck and let me know when you pass through Abilene.

BTW do you know about the Texas Cobra Club and their annual meet of about 40-50 cobras in late Feb at Austin? I made it to the first one a couple of years ago and am going again this year.
Its a great time!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WOLFMAN,
CHECK YOUR PERSONALS, I SENT ONE TO YOU! ;)
ALSO, WOULD BE INTERESTED IN ANY INFO ON THE DEAL IN AUSTIN.

JOE

1 - 6 of 6 Posts