Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am fitting the body today for the final time before it goes to paint. The question is should I do that with all the bulb seal, gaskets etc. in place? It seems like I should but that stuff tears so easy I am not sure it will make it through two times.

any ideas??

·
Charter Member
2,649 Posts
A suggestion that worked for me. Put the bulb seal on first. Then cut a plastic drop cloth into some long pieces about 6-12" wide and tape over the the edges of the bulb seal. This will allow the body to slide over the bulb seal with out tearing it. Do this same process after painting the car. Then simply pull on theplastic after final installation. It will pull thru the body and the bulb seal pretty easy with out tearing the bulb seal.
HTH,
bob Mac
FFR3981

·
Junior Charter Member
3,131 Posts
Do the final fit just like you had a painted body. Do everything. Drill every hole. Mount every bezel, trim ring, etc. Yes, do it with the bulb seal and protect it as above. Once the body is painted, you don't want to do anything except put it together, without drilling holes in the paint. Pete

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.