Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few of you know the story about the uncontrollable chain of events that delayed the return of the body, all of which had nothing to do with my car. Sickness, car accident, power outage, step fathers heart problems and a few other things. It was like a black cloud was over Murrills shop, but after four and a half months, last night we hauled it home. :D It was everything I expected. Murrill did an fantastic job. The next few months will be spent in final assembly and late spring or early summer, the snake will hit the road.

The colors are, GM Olympic white with Ford medium royal blue stripes. Murrill was saying last night that out of the twelve roadsters he has painted, this was the first white with blue, and he liked it!

Thanks to all who helped last night! It's good to have her home. ;)

Skip

·
Registered
84 Posts
Very nice Skip! I'm sure you're a happy man being almost there. Get that baby together and let's see some final pics.

Kyle

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
Man, that looks awesome, can't wait to see it in person. Sorry I couldn't help last night.....my son's concert was great. If you are going to be around this weekend, I may take a spin out there to see it before you get it all scratched up. ;)

Mike

·
Premium Member
10,650 Posts
Looks fantastic, Skip! I'm sorry to hear about all the challenges, but you must be happy now. I've always said that white looks right! And to prove it:

GM Arctic White with Ford Medium Royal Blue main stripe and Ford Ruby Red pin stripes.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mike,
You were talked about last night! I'll be in the garage most of the day Saturday. Maybe Sunday afternoon sometime after 3. Feel free to stop by anytime.
Scratches :eek: No! I plan on really taking my time. I think today I'll just sit in the garage and look at it ;) I'm in no rush.

Skip

·
343 Posts
Real nice color Skip

·
Senior Charter Member
1,151 Posts
The pictures look great but as always it really looks a lot better in person. Thanks for having Me along, I always enjoy the excitement of seeing someone's joy over their new colors.

Congratulations Skip!

Tom

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
8,694 Posts
That is exceptional. A white Cobra looks so authentic, a real classic.

I hope everything else is settling down.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Awesome paint job.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the comments guys! My only fear with assembly was re-installing the hood screws as that's the look I wanted. I was worried about chipping the paint when starting the screws. :eek:
Everything worked out fine. :D The hood looks pretty good.

Skip

·
Registered
9,942 Posts
Love that combo, looks great! Hood handles are in the right place too! :D

·
Charter Member
215 Posts
WOW! I love the white over blue scheme. Just beautiful.
Great choice, and looking forward to more pictures as you finish it up.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
What type of screws are you using on the hood?
Two or maybe three times the number I used on mine. It looks great.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
816 Posts
Hey Skip are you going to be home around 3:30 today I would like to see your car after work. I am taking mine out to Murrills tomorow.

·
Senior Charter Member
887 Posts
Nice really Nice

CalHusker

1 - 20 of 38 Posts