Factory Five Racing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for recommendations for body and paintwork in eastern MA and RI area. Need help in stating company and outcome of work. Also, if you wouldn't mind posting estimates, that would be helpful.

·
Senior Charter Member
647 Posts
Dartmouth Collision does a great job they did FFR Daytona coupe that placed first this year at world of wheels in Boston, Russ has done two cars for me he just finished my FIA and it looks fantastic as far as price you have to talk with Russ depending on what you have done will add or subtract from his price goodluck!

·
Non-Traditionalist (I'm not a purist, just look at
3,008 Posts
What is Russ's contact info?

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
Don't even think about anyone but Dartmouth Collision. And remember, you get what you pay for. My paint job drew more attention at World of Wheels than the half nekkid chickie in Jesse James' booth next door (almost).

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
I recommend Dartmouth Collision also.
If they are all tied up or you are coming fom the north then another alternative is a new shop in Bellingham, MA called Tango Classic Autos Inc. They specialize in Shelby Mustang Restoration and sales and are very interested in doing some "Roadsters". Their website is www.shelbymustang.com. (worth a look even if you don't need bodywork and paint) If you go there, bring a bib or some paper towels to sop up the drool. Nice guys too. Their showroom is a Shelby Mustang Museum. Contact name is Bob Elizier.
Tel: 508 966 4260

·
2,372 Posts
My guess is that Russ at Dartmouth Collision has done close to 200 Cobras now,including mine, a year ago, was about # 160 or so. Mine went in right after Joe's(Old Guy 668) came out.

·
Premium Member
16,719 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,266 Posts
Chuck,

I noticed you also asked for $ estimate. First let me say that I had my car painted by Dartmouth and would also recommend Russ' shop. If you want nice work however, it will cost you. My car was done about 2 years ago now and it cost me $4000.00 (Ford paint code, stripes - no special requests) at the time. I suspect it is quite a bit more now. Having said that I frequently get comments on the finish and quality of work.

-Matt

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Chuck,

Thanks for bringing it up. I was about to ask the same question myself. It sounds like Dartmouth Collision it is.

To those who have had Russ paint their cars, how much lead time should I give Russ? I should be ready to send the body out for bodywork/painting by early April. Should I be talking to Russ now?

Thanks,
Charlie

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,941 Posts
I talked to Russ about a month ago. At the time, he said two weeks warning, and three weeks to paint. He wants the body, no chassis. Doors, trunk, and hood must be sanded to size. $4k for prep, paint and stripes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.