Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The time for paint is rapidly approaching, and I need to iron-out a small wrinkle in my paint selection. Is the Toyota/Lexus Indigo Ink the same color as the Toyota/Lexus Spectra blue? Any pictures and associated paint codes would be highly appreciated. (I looked for these under the search category, but couldn't find what I was looking for..)
Many thanks!

Nick

·
1st RFM/FFR Legacy Winner
26,028 Posts
Indigo ink pearl is 8P4 and darker than Spectra which is 8M6.

My car is 8P4 and photos are available on my buildsite is you want to see the Indigo color.

BTW, that's my actual car and paint in the AVATAR.

Greg

·
Charter Member
3,060 Posts
Mine is Lexus Spectra mica blue with GM arctic white mixed with a matching amount of mica / pearl - I wanted to avoid the pearl to flat variance. NC Painter did a great job for me!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Nuclear,

I went with the Toyota/Lexus Spectra Blue kind of colour. We painted it on a paint can and then covered it with a WD40 agent to simulate a clear coat.

I really liked it, but something didn;t look right to me. I noticed that, just off the gleam line of light you saw deep blue, but then a little further off the gleam line you saw pure purple. I really didn;t like that. We went into the paint recipe and removed a violet ingredient and a purple ingrediate, and replaced them with a fine grain flecked blue.

Here is my recipe: start with this:
ABP P3
Make: Acura
Colour Code: B-502p
Akzo Code: ACU9008
Colour Map:622H6
Rev 03/15/2004
Litres Re:1.00
Litres Done: 1.00

Here is the modification:
Q964R 240.0g
Q673 15.5g
Q678 60.0g (omit)
Q140 72.4g
Q964F 78.6g
Q975S 78.6g replace with Q964S
Q766 155.2g (omit)
Q065 224.3g

This is based on 1 litre.

Here is a link to the finished car:

http://www.ffcars.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/ubb/get_topic/f/1/t/089963.html

Pictures on a very cloudy day.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Here you go Nick

Toyota/Lexus Spectra Blue Mica

Steve

·
Charter Member
2,035 Posts
Another vote for Indigo Ink Pearl 8P4. It does change as lighting changes. My wife kids me. I dragged her around for 3 months to dealerships on Sunday's looking at all kinds colors and in the end I "picked the color on the FFR brochure".
(it isn't really but you get the idea)

·
Junior Charter Member
204 Posts
Nick,
My brother-in-law who has his own bodyshop told me just last night that Mazda has a new blue color that stands out. I'm waiting on him to show me the shade, so when I find out I'll pass it on.
Tripp

·
FFCobra Craftsman
6,103 Posts
I think all of the cars in the pics look awesome. But to really 'see' the color, you need to do it in person and in natural light. If possible, you need to see the paint on real cars (Cobras or any car in a dealership lot).

Another alternative it to get a small amount or touchup bottle and spray it on a piece of metal. The ulitmate thing to do would be to see several cobras in those colors at something like the FFR Open House or London Cobra show.

·
Junior Charter Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
First of all, I'd like to thank every one of you guys on here. This message board is loaded with helpful people, ideas, and pictures (Reason #479 for buying a Factory Five Roadster).
I have been pulling my hairs out trying to decide between the Indigo, or the Spectra. The pictures are helpful. Choice three is the Patriot blue. All very nice colors.
Anyone have a shot of a Spectra blue car next to an Indigo blue car?

Thanks again...
Nick
FFR 6061. Built, insured, registered, driven, and waiting on my slow ass to pick a damn color.

·
Vendor
8,399 Posts
Originally posted by nuclear:
Anyone have a shot of a Spectra blue car next to an Indigo blue car?

Thanks again...
Nick
I do, took pics of Eriks car(india) next to my car (spectra) that I just delivered. Shoot me an email at [email protected] and I'll send them over

·
Senior Charter Member
2,397 Posts
Indigo Ink!

here's a pic of my car in the bright sun. the color can look darker in lower light. i just love this blue!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Wayne:

I've send you an e-mail - re: side-by-side pictures of Indigo Ink and Spectra Blue.

Thanks,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.