Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got pulled over by one of Germantown's (TN) finest, recently. I asked what was the problem, and he stated that my license plate didn't come up in the system. I explained to him, that the antique car regulations in TN stated that you can put any license plate on your antique car (TN allows this for replicas) that is the same year as your car, as long as you have your assigned antique license and registration with you. I opened my trunk and showed him my antique plate and registration. Also showed him a copy of the TN antique car regulations. He walked away with a puzzled look on his face, hopefully embarrassed at his lack of knowledge. I drove away with my 1965 North Carolina plate (same color as my car) with a smirk on my face, though my legs were still shaking.

Reactions: 2FAST4U

·
FFCobra Craftsman
24,300 Posts
I feel kind of sorry for the cop. Having dealt w/ Md and Va titles and tags, I find the state regs are really hard to follow. Sounds like TN actually has a good system, but I bet you are the first time he needed to know them.

·
Super Moderator
29,459 Posts
Excellent

·
Registered
428 Posts
So he was running everyone's plates, or just yours because you were in a unique sports car?

·
Junior Charter Member
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was stopped at a traffic light in town and I noticed him parked at Starbucks. After the light changed, I started off and he left the parking lot and lit me up. I hadn't gone two blocks and was pulled over. I think that the type of car I was driving got him looking for a reason to pull me over...

·
307 Posts
my son got pulled over saturday night because his nova has 1968 plates on it because its a 68 , ive been stopped a few times with the cobra for the same thing1965 plates but no tickets , just end up talking about the car more than the plates lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts