Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Charter Member
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't quite make the claimed four-six hour install but after more than a week in the garage I finally got my Paxton 1200 installed. Had to swap out the Holley Avenger for a Holley DP, the Victor Jr. for a Torker II, the MSD Billet for an MSD Pro-Billet small-base unit, and modify the blower brackets (Thanks Scott!) to move the head unit inboard a couple of inches. The box looks impressive but if I had to do it over again I'd think seriously about using a hat instead...

·
Charter Member
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, actually I haven't put my foot in it yet! Just some light cruising so far. I may need to get it dyno-tuned first...

·
Premium Member
7,237 Posts
Originally posted by FFR3588:
I didn't quite make the claimed four-six hour install.....
Really? I wonder if it has anything to do w/ the fact that the kit is designed for a 289 mustang, and you installed it onto a 427W in an FFR? :D :D :D

When/where are you tuning that beast. I want to see it on the dyno. :cool:

·
6,559 Posts
Holy smokes! Blown 427W... really? :eek: Cool. Better hope your butt has some good pucker power.

·
Charter Member
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Wade Chamberlain:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by FFR3588:
I didn't quite make the claimed four-six hour install.....
Really? I wonder if it has anything to do w/ the fact that the kit is designed for a 289 mustang, and you installed it onto a 427W in an FFR? :D :D :D

When/where are you tuning that beast. I want to see it on the dyno. :cool:
</font>[/QUOTE]Wade,
Haha, yeah I'm sure that was in the fine print somewhere. It's those small details I tend to over look! :D ... I need to get it tuned but Chris over an Excessive said he doesn't do carbs; go figure. Anyway my Cobra fund's looking a little light these days so I may have to wait a little while before I submit the next bill to the boss!.... ;)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Joe,

I have to ask. You mean 350 rwhp was not enough!?! Of course the blower will probably alleviate any problems you had with running rich.

What is the compression of your motor?

--Rodney

·
Charter Member
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by rkite:
Joe,

I have to ask. You mean 350 rwhp was not enough!?! Of course the blower will probably alleviate any problems you had with running rich.

What is the compression of your motor?

--Rodney
Rodney, enough?...are you sure you're on the right forum? :D My CR was originally supposed to be 10:1, but with the combination I was running that should have equated to around 520 hp at the crank which it obviously wasn't doing. :confused: I'm hoping that the Paxton, with about 5 lbs of boost, will get me to the original goal without the need for gas additives and/or breaking the motor into small broom sized pieces!...
;) :D

·
Premium Member
7,237 Posts
5 lbs?!?!? M-E-O-W

Come-on Joe, you need a smaller blower pulley. Lynda said she wants a new DART block for your anniversary. :cool:

Being serious for a second, you've gone this far, I wouldn't skimp on another $3-400 worth of dyno tuning. Besides Excessive, the only other two guys I know that are semi-close are Curry's in Herndon and Woodbridge Dynotech in Fredericksburg. I suspect Woodbridge Dynotech might be better w/ carbs.

·
Registered
200 Posts
How much boost are you running Wade?

I am thinking (guessing) over 475rwhp with a Dyno Tune. With out the tune I am thinking scattered parts on the highway.

I am also thinking that if I do not say something nice I will never get to ride shotgun

·
Mid Ohio Loopster
1,980 Posts
Joe,

Glad that I could help on the install. I think that your going to be pushing about 10# of boost at 5500 rpm's. That's what mine is doing right out of the box. Your compression ratio is a little high I think. Wish I was closer to you, we could take them both in and have them dyno tuned at the same time.

Scott

·
Premium Member
7,237 Posts
rodney - I'm around 8-9#....still plenty safe.

Joe - w/ 5# boost, you should be close to 500RWHP based on your last dyno session w/o the blower. Maybe a few HP less because of the intake swap. Pulley that baby up to about 10# and you'll be around 610-620. :cool: Lynda would LOVE that! :D

·
Mid Ohio Loopster
1,980 Posts
Wade,

He's going to be around 10# of boost. that's the exact same setup that I have on mine :D :D

Scott

1 - 20 of 20 Posts