Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
18,090 Posts
It would work if you had both blowers underdriven a good deal. Judging by the sie of those pulleys, that's what he's done..

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,345 Posts
It would work like a two stage air compressor ... only you'd have to swap the rotor vanes side to side in the lower case the way he has it mounted (left-hand twist on the left, right-hand twist on the right).

-- Tim

·
Charter Member
7,902 Posts
Well if having two is good, then......three would be better? Right??????

·
18,090 Posts
I've thought about this some more.

Unless he puts another idler pulley below the bottom blower's pulley, he's just going to rip that belt up if it gets much pressure built up... There is not enough contact patch on that belt the way he has it..

·
18,090 Posts
Here's another rendition of the same sort of effort - only this one looks like it worked. It's called the Rumbler:

·
2,332 Posts
Two blowers side by side, as in the second pic, will work fine because they are both feed in the engine witht he same pressure, just twice the amount. However, with the blowers stacked, there will be some issues to overcome. The first of which is the increadible high pressures heading into the engine. A normal blower will produce a compression ratio of about 1.82:1 based on 12psi boost. Now if we maintain that ratio across the sencond blower, you end up with about 33psi of boost! A roots style blower prodicing that kind of boost will surly require a MAJOR beefing up of the engine otherwise your heads will become airborn (no to mention that you'll likely snap rods, cranks, ect.). The next issue is heat of compression. This is where aftercoolers and such come in. Another issue is driving the lower blower. The degrees of contact for the lower blower is minimal which would destroy the belts very quickly if in fact it was "real".

The above are only a few issues that come to mind. so if I had to guess, the botom blower is no there for compression, just looks.

-SGC

·
12,637 Posts
It would work, like a two stage compressor, but arent most of these cars jjjjjjjust for looks.....???

You could stack them as high as you want for the correct appearance..

My only question is....... WHY???????

Actually, there is NOTHING TO SAY there are vanes on both of these units.....

earl

·
Sr FFR builder
5,565 Posts
My question is:

How the heck does that guy see past the blower (on the picture in randy's post)? It is right in front of his line of vision

I understand that this is a show car, but this is a bit ridiculous

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,594 Posts
This is a good example of a good thing taken to extreme and is ridiculous. Ok that is my 2.5 cents.

Paul

1 - 12 of 12 Posts