Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the CNC dual master cylinder break setup (3/4 front, 5/8 rear), and I’m trying to bleed the front breaks. I was able to bleed the rear breaks no problem (they work awesome) but the fronts will not work correctly...

The problem is this: I bled the front breaks until no air comes out of the system, then pressed on the pedal and the master cylinder for the front goes to the 'floor'. I have tried to bleed them some more, took the calipers and wiggled and banged them to try to dislodge some air pockets out of them (did not bench bleed the front and rear brakes, nor the master cylinders) and it still will not clamp correctly. There are no leaks in the system at all... I am lost

Front breaks are 87-93 mustang, braided break lines going to them, 2 lb residual pressure valve (blue) installed correctly.

Please help!
-John

·
The Never-Ending Builder
5,329 Posts
John,

Go back and bench bleed your front master cylinder, it most likely has an air bubble in there some where. Make sure also that while you are bleeding the fronts, that you don’t run low of fluid in the front reservoir.

Hank

·
Charter Member
842 Posts
John,

I had the same problem, but got rid of the air in the MC without removing it from the car. Went to Autozone and bought a “MightyVac” hand operated vacuum pump. The thing is magic. I used the cover from an old MC and put a whole in the top and put one of the many rubber nozzles from the MV in the whole. Sucked the air right out of the MC and I did not have to bleed the brakes again for the 10th time. I also used it to one-man bleed my whole brake system and check the function of the booster… Easily worth the $25.00 for the unit. Good Luck… :D

Chris

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
With my Jeep MC, I couldn't get enough suction out of the Mity-Vac to make it work. Finally, I made a plate with a gasket that fit over the MC in place of the cover. Drilled a hole in it and clamped it on the MC. Then I fired off the compressor at about 40 psi and powered the brake fluid through the lines - one guy on the air hose and one guy on the brake.

Just don't let the cylinder get empty or you'll just fill the lines with air and have to start all over.

All the best,
Tag

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.