Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have bled my brakes lines three times and still have air in the lines. Also have very little pedal. I see no leaks in the connections. Is this normal? I have been bleeding from each brake caliper starting with the rear passenger. Any advice? Thanks

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
If you did the bench bleed and made sure that the air is out of there, then check your front calipers. People have made the mistake of putting the front calipers on the wrong side...yes, I'm one of those people.

Make sure the bleed screw is pointing straight back and not angled up. When you have them on the wrong side, air gets trapped in the caliper and you can't get it out.

You may have to take the caliper off and turn it a bit...air can get caught in there too.

We went around and tapped the lines (lightly) to try to help any air get out.

I wound up having to use a Power Bleeder to get all the air out...that or one of the Mighty Vac hand pumps might help.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I have a vacuum pump of the type used for A/C work, and used it to pull a nice vacuum on a refrigerant recovery bottle. I connected a length of 1/4 clear plastic tubing to one of the bottle ports and used this setup to put suction on the bleed ports one at a time.
After this, I had my son apply firm pedal pressure while I quickly cracked open each bleeder several times, holding the pedal down until the bleeder was shut.
This gives a nice hard brake pedal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts