Factory Five Racing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Black looks amazing but does it require alot of TLC. I don't want to wash the car before every drive. So if you own a black cobra, what are your thougths?

[ August 25, 2002, 09:23 PM: Message edited by: PUDDY ]

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
Well, I can comment on blondes and black cars. The black is stunning, but it shows every little bit of dirt. As pretty as they are, I won't have another black car.

As for which is easier.....

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, may just go with black stripes. Orange, yellow or red body.

·
Registered
370 Posts
There's not a whole bunch of difference between black and dark blue....paint her black. :D Will she need attention??? You betcha.....but will she cause a commotion????? HELL YES!!!! ;) dino

·
FFCobra Fanatic
762 Posts
I'm going black. A saw a black primer car in the gallery and wondered. Black is supposed to show all defects and is the worst to paint. If I black primer will it be a good indictor of how good / bad my bodywork is?

Mike

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Black is beautiful! I use a California duster in the morning and on a long day I may dust it again.

I my plan was if the carbon body was a problem I would just call the black paint another primer coat and move on to Explorer blue. The results are beyond my expectations. There is just a hint of print thru on the hood and doors that drives a few waxers nuts.

The yellow fender stripes and deep polished GT 40s help make make it visable in photographs. Black jacks, roll bar and sidepipes.

Roger

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Go for it! It's really not as bad as people are making it out to be. I use a California duster and spot wash it two or three times between full washes. In 2300 miles this summer I've only had to give it three full baths. :D
:D

[ August 26, 2002, 01:24 AM: Message edited by: John Baker ]

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,751 Posts
All my daily drivers are white...all my cobras are black.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,808 Posts
I have black w/silver stripes. (go to streetrodpainter.com for picture). I use a california duster before and after each ride and keep it covered when not in use. No more work than my red cars, but looks way better during the evening cruises.

San Rafael Mike

·
Gruntled Member
264 Posts
I've owned black cars, I've owned white cars, I've owned red cars, I've owned blue cars. Swirl marks show up more on a dark car, so you need to know how to clean it. Otherwise, if you keep it out of the sun, there are no problems. Every color shows dirt. Every color looks bad when it's dirty. Choose your favorite color and go for it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.