Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In talking with my son-in-law this weekend, he told me he has a shop that can do black ceramic coating for my side pipes. He also has a shop that does black chrome.

Has anyone seen this before?

We didn't have time this weekend for me to look at a custom Harley that has this done, but maybe next time I am down in Suffolk I will make the effort.

Just wondering if anyone has seen this before. I am going with Ford's Performance White for the body, and since I really do not like chrome, I am looking at black finishes for everything else. Maybe even the windshield frame. Unfortunately, I do not think I want to tear apart the steering wheel to get it done, so it will stay bright.

·
3,217 Posts
Take a look at the sidepipe shields on mine. They are black ceramic coated.

I got them from DrummerMike on the forum who offers the black ceramic coating as an option.

·
Junior Charter Member
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also heard the BBQ paint looks good, and was leaning that way!

Shep, I think the sheilds look great, just surprised there are no perforations in them. Are your sidepipes also ceramic coated? Or just painted?

·
Registered
648 Posts
Jethot coatings http://www.jet-hot.com they do a really nice black ceramic coating. Can even take off the silver and put black on is you want.

·
3,217 Posts
The sidepipes are just plain old BBQ paint. It's hard to tell in the picture but the shields are a little more shiny than the sidepipes.

DrummerMike's shields are solid, not perforated like many of the others. I preferred that look.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts