Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ed,

Greetings from Titusville. This is actually Mike Braddock using Dino's computer and account to ask you a question about his (okay, your ;) ) black box that is installed on the beast. I am staying with Dino for a few days so I thought we'd take a shot and fixing his turn signal problem. Here's what it's doing. There are no turn signals. The brake lights are still working fine, as are the running lights. If you select a turn signal and hit the brakes, only the brake lights on the opposite side of the car illuminate. Is there a relay inside the box that handles the turn signal logic? Could you email Dino your schematic so we can review it? Do you have any ideas what the problem might be so we can troubleshoot it? Thanks Ed. I hope everything is going well for you and the Mrs.? I hope to see in you in Gainesville in June.

Mike

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,004 Posts
Mike,
The schematics are on this web site: http://www.ffcars.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=000006

Check to make sure the turn signal flasher has power and has an output to the box.
It will have +12 volts on it at all times.
If no power, find out why.
Fuse?

It sounds like the relays are working as they should but the flasher feed is not inputing power to the relays.
Since neither side is working, I am assuming the above is true.

Let me know what you find.
Check to make sure the connectors ont he box did not come loose.

I'll see you in Gainesville.
I guess you are not headed up to Atlanta this weekend?

C-ya,
Ed
FFR1997K

1 - 3 of 3 Posts