Factory Five Racing Forum banner

321 - 340 of 365 Posts

·
Starship Trooper
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #321
'84 Firebird/Camaro. Manual pass side, cable/remote driver's side. I like that better than the electric stuff that breaks.

Exhaust is on, shifter cables are on, and it feels like it hits all the gears. It sounds really nice, a bit loud but really nice. The cat will quiet it a bit more when I add that in, but at least I can drive it on the trailer now!

I may just go for a little drive tomorrow :)

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
3,285 Posts
Imola Blue

Bill, congrats on getting to PAINT stage. I've recently become a real fan of BMW ESTORIL BLUE (edit 8-2-14) , which seems close to the other shades you're considering:

·
15,282 Posts
Bill, congrats on getting to PAINT stage. I've recently become a real fan of BMW Imola Blue, which seems close to the other shades your considering:
John, I'll say this as empathetically as I know how -- I think it's Estoril Blue, as used on the M cars. It was always "too bright" for my tastes. BTW, I have a silver one of those coupes sitting out in the garage...total hoonmobile.

Cheers, John

·
Registered
150 Posts
'Looking great Bill!

I liked the blue(s) as well, but sourced dark red Recaro seats from a 633CSi I was "retiring", so am leaning towards Gloss Charcoal wrap over the underlying satin black.

Maybe I can get these guys to wrap #9: Avery crew wrapping a Boxster

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
3,285 Posts
John, you are totally right...brain fade on my part! Estoril Blue for sure. Anyhow, neat shade of blue for consideration. This one's my next HPDE track car.

Bill, NICE VIDEO! Your camera operator also gave us a great tour of the flora and fauna near your garage, love it. Good luck on the completion!

·
Starship Trooper
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #327
It's been quiet here - guess everyone has been busy with their summer. Me too, and sanding...and sanding...and sanding.

·
Starship Trooper
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #330 (Edited)
I ended up with 2007 Corvette Luxo Blue, aka GM LeMans Blue. Edges are done, next weekend it gets moved to the paint shop for the body paint.

It's coming out nice :)

·
Starship Trooper
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #334 (Edited)
I'm thinking it's going to look OK when it's cleaned. It's covered with dust in the above shot.

I'm picking away at it - getting closer. I need to take on the door panels next.

I need to get it outside for some good pics, it looks amazing in the sun. This color is really hard to shoot inside. The flash lights up one spot and the rest just goes dark.

·
15,282 Posts
Awesome work, Bill -- congrats on pushing the envelope forward.

Did the Wareham boys ever come up with a good (and affordable) supplier for a new formed interior carpet? Yours looks new, but I can't see much detail. I remember that was one of the earliest goals, and Mark thought he had a supplier that was going to produce them for his projects, but I never heard any follow-up.

Cheers, John

·
Starship Trooper
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #337
I used a new MK3 carpet, I think it worked out well. All I ended up with for scrap were a lot of little pieces and about 1' across the whole back end.

I have a new black mk3 carpet if anyone's interested. I made one slit at the shifter area to test fit it, then changed my mind and went tan/brown. $125+shipping - PM me.

·
Starship Trooper
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #339
Leather to match the new skins on the seats. I've used most of a hide so far, probably will need another before I'm done.

321 - 340 of 365 Posts