Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, after the wreck we decided to completly re - do some things for the winter, anyways, my uncle is going to mill up a solid aluminum dash for me and i have a few blue and green toggle switches for my fan, water pump, and brights, anyways, i want some brushed or billet switches, anyone knwo where to get any? thanks ~jason

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,435 Posts
I got my aluminum looking ones here. They're brushed looking - not shiny. See www.speeding.co.uk website .

Here's a picture of what they look like in my car lit up. You can't really tell from the website above, but they do sit almost flush with the face of the dash.

-Mike

·
Premium Member
10,650 Posts

·
section 8
5,136 Posts
Mike , sweet dash !! Mark they are "only" rated for 50,000 cycles! Thats alot of switching . Jason I used the AAW wire harness and bought their switches and knobs just because . American Autowire .com .My favorite switch is the 4 position headlight switch off/park/lowbeam/highbeam. I could not find an easy place to put the high beam switch on the floor. Bob

·
Senior Charter Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mike_M- i cant seem to find them on the website.... any help please! thanks

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,435 Posts
Cobrakid. I gave you the direct link above in my first post. I just tried it again and it took me right to them. Scroll to the top of the page and that's the start of the aluminum ones. If not, go to their homepage and then in the search type in switches. Should take you to the same link I provided above...

-Mike

·
Gelcoat Driving Maniac!
4,373 Posts
Mike, those are pretty. I have been contemplating them for a while. The only problem is that they quickly get expensive if you want a bunch of stuff. I think my cart was almost $300! Still trying to talk myself into them though. I think they'll look pretty nice on a CF dash.

·
Junior Charter Member
1,712 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,435 Posts
Sorry, you're right, that link I gave takes you nowhere. Purple's link takes you right to where I was TRYING to link to.

Anyway, yes they're expensive, but make sure they don't charge you VAT taxes or whatever. I don't think we're supposed to pay that for being out-of-country. That saves a little off the price too... You might need to email them to get the proper prices and ask about if you need to pay the VAT or not...

I just liked them because they look like a real car's switches. I swapped cars with a friend a few weeks ago and I had no idea what toggle switch did what! I froze my butt off for 1/2 hr and he has heated seats and a heater, but I didn't know which switch was what function! I love that I always know what my switches are. Plus I like that they light up.

I'm not sure if you can run things directly with them or not. I put a relay on each one just to make sure I don't fry them out! Too expensive to be replacing, so I used lots of relays...

Anyway, I'm surprised there's not many other options out there? Are these it for alumn. switches?! I'd sure like to walk around SEMA and find out if there's anything else out there!

-Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts