Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Vendor
8,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since day 11 I've had to pull the trans in the car due to the ARP flywheel bolts being too long, and reinstalled everything from the flywheel back to the diff. That Tremec is heavy when you're on your back. Since then I've mounted the trigger wheel, made a pick up mount, finished the dash, carpeted the trunk, made a brake light switch bracket, powdercoated the fan shroud from FFMetal.com, mounted the fan to the shoud, mounted the shroud to the radiator, installed the radiation with a piece of 1/8x1.25 aluminum that was also powdercoated (makes it much easier to place the radiator), installed the starter, installed the FFMetal in-trunk battery box (highly reccommended part), ran the battery cut off switch, wired the starter and alt, hooked up the speed sensor and neutral switch on the trans. I should pick up the body by the end of next week and finish it off by the London Car show. All that is left for me to do is install the intake, throttle pedal and cable, carpet the cockpit, install the belts and seats, plug the dash in, install lights and windshield and its done.

1980 Chevy C1500 non cruise brake switch on simple L bracket

Paint the corners where the carpet seams will be so the tiny gaps will never show

·
Premium Member
6,598 Posts
I found myself lifting the carpet (after carpet installation) and spraying the aluminum under.....I wish I thought of that before hand...but who'd think you'd do that to your aluminum art work....at the time :D

Great work Wayne.

-Kouros

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
2,078 Posts
Wayne,
What brand adhesive did you use for the trunk carpet? Also, where did you get the carpet material?
Doug

·
5,470 Posts
Looking great and moving right along. I actually used double sided black carpet tape and the corners to hide any minor gaps.

·
Vendor
8,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The carpet is a loop carpet that I got from a local uphostery shop and is glued with 3M HiStrength 90 adhesive.

·
Mid Ohio Loopster
1,980 Posts
Sounds like your going to London this year Wayne.
Look me up at the Hampton if your there thursday evening, FFcobra and Gas-n are sponsoring our second annual welcoming cookout. I'll be doing most of the cooking of the hot dogs and burgers.

BTW, shouldn't you have been done with this one about day eleven? :D

Scott

·
Vendor
8,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Scott Shumaker:
Sounds like your going to London this year Wayne.
BTW, shouldn't you have been done with this one about day eleven? :D

Scott
I should have but when you have to pull the clutch/bellhousing/trans/driveshaft in the car, tends to set you back a bit

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,655 Posts
Looking good Wayne.

Olli

·
Mid Ohio Loopster
1,980 Posts
Just bustin your chops Wayne...Man can you put these things together fast and make them look great.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,051 Posts
I like the idea of painting beneath the carpet seams. Will do this weekend.

·
Vendor
8,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It will get a bracket from the front 3/4 tubes to the bottom of the radiator after the body is on. I rivet the lower front aluminum piece to the bottom of the radiator and put some bulb seal on the front and wedge it into the body and build my rad support.

·
Premium Member
1,909 Posts
If your carpet is already in and aluminum is showing, try a black Sharpie.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,655 Posts
Allowing for a travel day and making today a freebie, you have 16 days. Tick tock.....

See you in Ohio.

Olli

1 - 20 of 20 Posts