Factory Five Racing Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
When you're making power like this, cams are going to be locked out regardless. Don't worry though, we are doing a carb'd vs EFI test.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I see the caption under the oil pump says "Livernois Motorsports supplied a set of billet oil pump gears to replace the weak stockers. A new, Mustang oil pump is required on an F-150 engine."

I bought a billet oil pump gear for my build but didn't realize the pumps or pump housings were different. Anything you can point me to?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I see the caption under the oil pump says "Livernois Motorsports supplied a set of billet oil pump gears to replace the weak stockers. A new, Mustang oil pump is required on an F-150 engine."

I bought a billet oil pump gear for my build but didn't realize the pumps or pump housings were different. Anything you can point me to?
The width of the gears are different between the two housings. Need to get a Mustang pump housing and pickup tube if you're using an F150 donor.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I just did some checking. That applies to the 2011-2014 F-150s but thankfully Ford started using the same Mustang GT oil pump on the 2015+ F-150s (which is what I have).

Now back to your build and hopefully some insane dyno results :)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I just did some checking. That applies to the 2011-2014 F-150s but thankfully Ford started using the same Mustang GT oil pump on the 2015+ F-150s (which is what I have).

Now back to your build and hopefully some insane dyno results :)
Ok, good to know as well. Most people building engines right now are on the 11-14 cores.

Dyno is now the last Thurs-Fri of April. Still looking at that 1300-1400hp range.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
This is done. Articles coming in about 30 days.

The Vortech made the best peak power but that Whipple made 840 lb-ft of torque!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts