Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you guys have had this one, Everythings stripped, fluxed, in perfect position and nobody else is around. Honey will you hold this in position while I solder it real quick, dont pull back, I'm not pushing on it, I told you to hold it with the pliers, where are you going I'm not done. OH YES WE ARE !!!!!!

Rick :D

·
SuperCobra 1
14,690 Posts
Rick,

Do you have a Bed in the garage yet?

Been there done that, wife is tired of me living in the garage, I promised her NO MORE projects !!

SERGIO
------------
<a href="http://www.cobra4me.com/phpBB/index.php" target="_blank">Read all about SuperCobra here

</a>

·
Senior Charter Member
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sergio, I'm not sleeping in the garage, or in bed for that matter. Cant seem to clear my head of what to do next list! you know what I mean ? By the way I have been blessed with a awsome wife of 24 years, so to keep it that way I purchased some helping hands soldering tools.

Later Rick

·
8,350 Posts
Sounds normal to me. Take your better half out to dinner (nice dinner) twice/month until you are done.Whenyouaredone,she'llwanttyoutostartalloveragain.Sorry,nomoretonight,keyboardneedshelp.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Ohhhh Yeah, I know exactly what you are talking about. I learned very early not to bother her.
Huge fights while building OUR house....so I bought a selection of Quick Grip bar clamps to hold boards/trim(Reducing the # of times that I had to inconvenience her) Did I mention, I was building OUR house.
I have only asked her to help 4 times on the Cobra...Maybe a total of 1/2 hour:
Body off
Rearend in
Motor/Trans in
Body on
Meow meow...are we done yet...meow meow...I'm tired...meow meow...I can't hold it...meow meow.

I guess I shouldn't complain, she has allowed me to do some really cool things(Race stock cars, buid a Cobra). Did I also mention that she has Absolute Veto Power.
Eric

·
Senior Charter Member
1,966 Posts
Dear Guys-
Drew just read me this post---we both laughed out loud, remembering many times like that (I even helped him solder the ENTIRE wiring harness one COLD night when he insisted upon shortening each little bitty wire by 3 feet...urrrghhhh!).

Although there were times I was extremely jealous of "her", words cannot express how very proud I am of his accomplishment--she's fabulous!

A little advice....be patient with us wives, as we're having mixed feelings about the whole thing anyway, but clear, concise instructions (in girl terminology)goes a long way.

Good luck to you all---

Drew's Wife

·
Registered
588 Posts
Man, I can relate to that. Bled the brakes last summer. "it stinks in here, its filthy!!" How much longer is this going to take!! Why can't I take my foot off the brake pedal?" "What do you man pump slowly?" Then last week my brother and I were trying to get the rear end thru the 3 link frame on the drivers side, she comes home from work and as soon as she gets out of the car I ask her to pull the jack back out from under the rear, you should have seen the look we got, as we're both standing there holding the 8.8 and unable to move.

·
Registered
287 Posts
the paradime inverse case is when the wife in the kitchen yells to her husband "I know that you would be willing to give your life for me but in the mean time could you at least come and help me do the dishes?"

·
Registered
571 Posts
Wow, glad to see that it is not just me. My kit will not be here for another three weeks and the looks are allready starting. Don't think she will ever ENJOY a 40 min drive in 30 deg weather, but hoping she comes around.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Wow, sounds like you have to convince your significant others to accept these builds..

I must be extremely blessed in that my significant other actually wants a cobra as bad as I do, and she is actually saving along side me to build this. Her only condition is that we build a second one afterwards. I guess the only bad thing about that is the total cost in the end...

And she wont accept a purchased one becasue she likes building as much as I do.

Gee.... I dont know what I am EVER going to do

·
6,559 Posts
My late wife had a plaque she proudly displayed on the wall by the kitchen sink...

"No woman ever shot a man while doing the dishes"

I'm going to have one made for the garage...

"No man ever shot a woman while giving..." oh nevermind. uh "... while changing the spark plugs"

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
List of phrases used during my build:
- That shiny thingie;
- You won't get your hands dirty;
- Yes, you should put you shoes on first;
- It's not that cold;
- I only need a minute;
- I did the dishes;
- There are band-aids in the medicine cabinet;
- Yes, I'm going to drive it after I finish it;
- This is your roll bar because I love you (No, you won't need it);
- But I need [fill in the blank];

·
FFCobra Fanatic
4,257 Posts
My wife stopped helping with brake bleeding 10 years ago! You just need a good supply of different sized C clamps and vice grips. I wouldn't even think of asking the wife to hold something in place. I can see it now with my current project.

"ok honey....hold this metal piece right here. I'll turn on the welder. Ok, close your eyes but don't move your hand because I can't really see until I strike an arc and I don't want to burn your hand"

I'd rather spring for another c clamp.

·
Premium Member
1,883 Posts
My wife's Russian, and with her she brought some of Mother Russia's brutal winter weather. That said, she hates Buffy
with a passion because she says I spend more time and money on her. So, even in the dead of what has been a miserable winter, the weather's still been nicer in the Snake Pit than it has been in the house :rolleyes:

I remember when I started down the road of building my dream. I took her over to Street Rod Painter's to look at some of the cars he has there in various stages. When we left, I asked "So, what do you think?" Answer: "I no think you can do, too much. Maybe not for you."

That sealed the deal baby--the kit was ordered 2 days later!

Here's to good friends, dancing with snakes, and planning on my second build--rebuilding my marriage after Buff's done!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts